New and very confused!

babywished.x

Reaction score
Hello im new here so bear with me lol
Had my implanon removed on the 12th of this month after having it in for 1yr and 4month.my cycles were very irregular and i bled almost constantly on and off for most of it.
I had what i thought was af 12 days after which was very heavy
but only lasted 4 days.
Im now trying to figure out what my body is doing,but the waiting and not knowing is driving me crazy.
Anyone else had any other experiences with having implant removed and conceiving?

Hi, I had the implant but not for long because of the bad side effects. But I was told it could affect your cycle for a while after having it taken out. I seemed to get back into a 'normal' cycle pretty quickly, but we weren't ttc back then so not sure how it would have affected my fertility.

keely.

Thanks,im now on cd9 but not to sure whether to start using opk or to wait till i at least know where my cyle is at. I was hoping it could happen straight away but think thats pretty unlikely.wishful thinking i guers lol.
Thanks

Thanks,im now on cd9 but not to sure whether to start using opk or to wait till i at least know where my cyle is at. I was hoping it could happen straight away but think thats pretty unlikely.wishful thinking i guers lol.
Thanks

Hi and welcome!

I had my Implanon in for the full 3 years and it only took about a month but my cycles to return to normal. Unfortunately I've not conceived yet as I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid in the January and had to put our plans on hold for a while - back on it now though lol! :happydance:

Had it removed early December 2009 and from memory I had a period a few days after it was removed and then another one (a proper one) at the end of December. After that I used OPK's and seemed to be ovulating normally.

I'd recommend waiting until after your next period before you start using OPK's as you'll have a better idea then of where you are. I do remember how frustrating it was waiting for things to get back to normal!

Definitely keep :sex: though as you're fertile after about 48hrs of having it taken out - I know people who've conceived straight away after so maybe just see what happens.... you might not even need to worry about predicting ovulation! :winkwink:

Good luck! :dust:

Yeah i seem to have had a peirod of sorts,very short and very heavy,wasnt sure whether it was or a withdrawal bleed.iv heard some ppl have that.

So i wait. I dont want to become so obsessed with i but i know i will

X

Yeah i seem to have had a peirod of sorts,very short and very heavy,wasnt sure whether it was or a withdrawal bleed.iv heard some ppl have that.

So i wait. I dont want to become so obsessed with i but i know i will

X

I was/am exactly the same - keep trying to 'chill out' as everyone tells you to do but it ain't that easy! This is a great place to vent & ask questions though, you're in good company :hugs:

:) Reading this website has become so addictive,its just so good to read about ppl goin thru same thing.
Think its the only thing keeping me sane and its only been a few weeks

There is an official TTC after Implanon thread on here somewhere. I had mine removed on 25th Nov last year and my periods seem to have corrected themselves straight away (touch wood), where ttc and this is my 3rd cycle and I'm due to ovulate this weekend :) You could also try temping as well to give you some idea of whats going on :thumbup:

I thought about temping,read quite alot about it,seems like a cheaper alternative to opk's,i got a pos this morning and now gettin nothing.does that mean i ov and i just missed it
Hopefully im a step closer to get bk to normal.

Hi, I had my implanon removed on the 13th of Jan. Had a 'period' 17th - 21st and I ovulated on the 1st Feb according to opks so just waiting to see what happens next. AF possibly due around the 14th?

Good luck x

I got mine out a day before that and had a period on the 22nd.
My next is also due on the 14th so same time as u.im assuming thats when im due but not sure how long my cycle is bc i was so irregular when on it.how did u work your out.
Let me know how it goes
X

Hey, I'm assuming AF is due around the 14th as I know I ovulated on the 1st but I bled most of the time when on implanon so it really is just a guess! I'm just going by my old cycles but I went on implanon straight after having my son so it's been a while since I had a regular cycle! I just wish I knew what was happening! Good luck to you and keep me posted too! x

I just worked it out again and im due af on the 19th according to ff,i have a blue vein:) haha im turnimg into a right symptom spotter.its gonna drive me mad
Good luck x

I know how you feel! Ive hardly any symptoms so far though. I told myself not to be too hopeful this month as I know how unlikely getting a bfp straight after implanon is but its so hard! Babydust to you! x

I had my implanon out at the end of Nov 2010. I got my AF bout 26 days later. (didn't TTC the first cycle as I had to have my rubella injection and had to wait a month). Then TTC From end of Dec. Got my second AF 27 days later. I am currently on my second cycle of TTC (3rd cycle after Implanon removed). My AF is due today...not here yet. Fingers Crossed it stays away!!

So far my cycles seem regular (I never had any AF bleeding with Implanon, just a few times of break through spotting).

Only a few more days til AF due, I'm trying my hardest to resist the urge to test! How is everyone else? Fallenangel11 how did you get on? Hope AF stayed away! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->