New and wanting to learn!

mrsb

Reaction score
Hi there! :hi:

I've got a scenario, some questions, and a weird moral situation going on!

First, the scenario:

I either started my last period on the 31st August or 1st of September, and I pretty much have a 28 day cycle, sometimes shorter by a day, and never longer.

That'd put me at ovulating either the 14th or 15th of this month (Just a few days ago)

I'll be honest, my husband and I work conflicting schedules and it's pretty rare for us to ever see each other, let alone have any intimate relations. I'm not on any type of birth control, by the time we get around to being home at the same time, and not exhausted, it's often late cycle, and we've never had any type of pregnancy scare. We have not, however, ever had sex during the time when I could be ovulating (I say days 12-16) without at the very least pulling out (and seriously, sex during those few days is so rare thanks to our schedules...)

Last Friday (The 14th) my husband and I had a day off together, and...well I'm sure you can see where this is going!

Only thing is, I'm fairly certain that's the day before, or the day of, my ovulation. It's not that I didn't know, I even brought it up before things got started, but as things progressed we sort of stopped caring. Not in a "this feels so good I don't want to stop" kind of way, but in a "Wow if this is how babies are made, so be it!" because it was an incredibly emotional and, dare I say, spiritual experience. It was almost tear inducing, and unlike any sexual experience we'd encountered in all of our 8 years together. I can't explain it, but it's almost as if it was meant to happen that way....I know that sounds weird, and I'm sure it will sound weirder as I go on.

I suppose first of all is, if for some reason I did conceive from this encounter, when would I first feel symptoms? I'm sure that after all this happened I'll experience some psychosomatic symptoms, but at least I'd know when to expect them!

After ovulation, when does implantation occur? It's one of the only conception questions I really don't know the answer to.

I can't answer any of the ovulation symptoms questions other than I remember having CM before AND after this day, and looking back, I can't tell you which day would have been ovulation, and which day could have been...well actually I can't say for sure what it would have been!

Here's where it gets even weirder:

My husband and I had always said we were going to remain childfree, and then a few months ago we started talking about maybe having children in the future, but we'd always change our mind shortly thereafter. We both love children, but didn't think that we were meant for parenting.

I don't know how I feel. I think that I'm going to be upset no matter which way this goes. If I get my period next weekend, I think I'll be sad for not having a child, especially one created during such an amazing demonstration of love and tenderness. If I am pregnant, I'm going to have to face everything that comes with it, including fear, anxiety, paranoia, etc. (There's good things too, but one thing at a time!)

Strangely enough, I've said for years I don't want kids, but I find myself almost hoping that we are pregnant. Despite the fact that we're only about 80% ready for that kind of responsibility (We both work long hours, I'm still at the beginning stages of my career and we still tend to live paycheck to paycheck) I think I'm going to be truly disappointed.

So that's my story. I realize it's long, but I think this might be the only place that I can turn to discuss it. I don't want to bring it up to my close friends because having them know that I may be pregnant would make it harder if I wasn't.

I guess I'll know for sure around the 27th/28th of the month when I should be getting my next period, although if there is a chance for testing earlier (if I was starting to get symptoms) I may. I have started getting breast pain, but I often get that a week and a half before my period, I blame it on being large chested, I feel that seems to make it come earlier (and hurt worse!) but other than that, I'm normal, and even I realize that it's FAR too early to have symptoms.

Thanks so much guys! Hopefully I haven't taken up too much of anyones time!

Hi there, Welcome to Baby and Bump :D

To answer your questions (what i can remember i read lol!)
Implantation would happen from 5 days after ovulation right up till when your period would be due.

As for symptoms it depends on the person. Some will get them right away, some dont get them untill a couple weeks after a positive test. Some dont get any at all!

Only '80% ready for that kind of responsibility'? ...you lucky bugger, that's more than most :rofl:

I don't have any advice (will leave that up to the girls) but wish you all the best which ever way it goes (didn't want to read and run).

Welcome to BabyandBump. Stick a post here https://www.babyandbump.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36 so everyone can say 'Hi' (as not everyone reads the TTC section):headspin:

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to leave a message over there!

I realize I'm probably being silly, that it isn't necessarily THAT easy to get pregnant, and after 8 years of not being "protected" in really any sense, it's possible that it may never happen, even if we actively try to conceive.

I had some spotting today, which would be relevant if it weren't for the fact that the exact same thing happened last month.

As for being 80% ready, maybe you're never "ready" but you use the skills and knowledge you've learned in life and jump in head first. If everyone waited until they were 100% ready emotionally, financially and responsibly, the human race would have died out years ago!

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->