New and Worried....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hettie, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hettie

Hettie Member

Hi!

Okay I'm very new to this...my situation is....

Me and my (now) husband decided to try for a baby...so last year in March I stopped taking the pill...didn't use any other contraception although I'm aware now its advisable to use condoms till periods regulate....

....it has now been 12 months and I have not fallen pregnant....before I started taking the pill my periods were reasonably regular, since stopping it they have been all over the place from 28 days to 44 days and counting. I was on the pill for approx 2yrs.

I'm aware this probably isn't helping with concieving....

I don't mind how long it takes for us to concieve I'm just scared I never will! I fell pregnant before by my husband, just over 3yrs ago and had a miscarriage but there were no complications.

I have read that it can take 18mnths or longer to fall pregnant after taking the pill...and am trying to comfort myself with this....

Can anyone please offer any advice?

Many thanks

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

:hi: Welcome! Usually after 12 months I believe you can have tests run by your gyno, have you talked to your doctor?

3. GemmaD

GemmaD Mum Of 2

Yes I Have Heard This Too Maybe Its Worth Asking Your GP :) x

4. daniandbaby

daniandbaby Pregnant-expecting

ask your gp for reasurance xxx

5. ks_girl

ks_girl Well-Known Member

I had been on the depo shot. And since quitting it ... my periods didnt really 'get' normal til about january this year. And then finally conceived here recently. I never got around to talkin to my doctor ... but Id imagine she could help ya out or at least answer any questions. Much luck hun!

6. Kiree

Kiree proud mammy of 2 boys

hi hun, suppose everyone's different but when i came off the pill after 10 years my cycles were anything from about 17 days to 42. it was only when they eventually settled down to the same length each mth (35 days) that i got BFP. at the time my GP said that it would be at least a year or more for everything to settle due to pill coming out of system. id say if you came off over a year ago it cant harm just to go and speak to your gp.

7. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

hello & welcome! when i came of bcp it took a year for my cycles to return to normal xx

8. Hettie

Hettie Member

Thank you all for your replies...I certainly will be speak to my GP but its still nice to know others have had similar experiences...

Its fantastic to have a place to be able to discuss these issues...

Much love and thanks xxxx

9. embojet

embojet Molly and Ethan's Mummy

:hi: good luck ttc

10. tansey

tansey Finally a Mummy!

welcome :wave:

11. malpal

malpal Mummy to 3 girlies!!!

Hello and welcome xx

12. fingers_x'd

fingers_x'd Well-Known Member

Hey there.

Try not to worry - I know that's the EASIEST thing to say but the HARDEST thing to do. Me and my fiance have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years. I was on the pill since I was 15 and I'm 29 now. The reason why I went on the pill was to regulate my periods and now I'm off it they're all over the place which is really ](*,)!!

Every month for the 1st year I convinced myself into believing I could be lucky to be blessed with a :baby: but ALWAYS ended up with :bfn:

This month I'm almost a week late and no signs of :af: but I still am trying very hard not to get excited incase it's a :bfn: again and I end up :hissy:

I am having symptoms galore (nausea, vivid dreams, back ache, lower abdo pains, etcetera) but I am keeping calm and just saying little prayers.

Your time will come sweetie. I hope this helped sorry if a bit negative but there is a positive cos it WILL happen for you. Patience is something we all need :) !!!

:hug::hugs::dust::wave:

xxxxxxxxxx

13. Zipp

Zipp Well-Known Member

hello, and welcome
    good luck with the future
    sending lots of :dust: your way !!

14. franm101

franm101 Well-Known Member

It took me 18months after depo to get a bfp with #4 and this time it took me 18months for my cycles to return after the depo shot. Im sure the pill is different though. #'s 2 and 3 were both pill babies for me meaning I fell pregnant on the pill with them :)

15. avis

avis Member

Hi Hettie, so relief to found I'm not alone...I'm off the pill at the same month as you but I was on pill for 5 years......
    did you visit already your GP? as with me,I will have Labrascopy next month for my GP said could be my tube is sticky so make the ovum can't meet the sperm but He didn't mention at all about the time span to fall pregnant after off the pill.....now I started to worry about my GP but at the same time I can't wait to b Prego as soon as possible cause He said the chance is ascending after Labrascopy caused all the subway of mine is sure not on the way of S&O rendesvous....
    I'm trying my best to b relax as I've never b in any operation before

Thanks anyway for your posted I knew something new about the pill...
    BTW,my mom has ur name too...made me feels more home :happydance:

16. avis

avis Member

Thank you everyone....I'm so happy to finally b here after surfing around on the web with all my worries and landed in here and read all those infos and courage support which I need so badly to carry on my ttc

17. emie

emie ttc#6

18. Nikkinoonoo

Nikkinoonoo Mummy to a gorgeous girl

19. Charlotte-j

Charlotte-j Mum of 2.

welcome to baby and bump :)

20. Hettie

Hettie Member

I wish you all the best with the op...I'm sure you will be fine. As for me, I haven't visited my GP yet. I'm in the middle of changing GP's as I have recently moved so thats holding things up...

To be honest I think deep down I'm a little bit frieghtened to have investigations done...guess I'm scared of what they might find.

But I will go once I have a new GP...at the moment I feel a little bit confused cause my last :witch: was on the 26th feb...7 weeks ago yesterday, and although since I can off the pill a year ago my :witch: have been really irregular I have never been this late. Have done 2 tests in the last couple of weeks both with a :bfn:. No signs or symptoms of pregnancy either. I know this sounds stupid but I almost feel like I'm being teased! If I'm not pregnant I just want to get my :witch: so I have another chance to concieve next cycle...but the :witch: usn't coming although I have had cramps and the test results were :bfn:....I feel like I'm in limbo!

Anyway take care, I wish you all the best with your op xxx