New bfp and Christmas party- help!

ButterCup17

Reaction score
Hi! So, I just got a bfp today!! Woo-hoo!!! Problem is, I am hosting a Christmas party this weekend. We always drink a lot and now idk how I'm supposed to not drink and get away with it without people putting two and two together!! Any ideas!!

OH!!! I got this from "How I Met Your Mother" but you could pretend to drink (pass it over to your oh when people cant see) and your other half will just have to drink for two!

Or have a "drink" just for you! But instead have juice.. Act the part.

That's a good one! Thanks! We have a small house and all usually hang out around the kitchen where we have a big punch bowl. I was thinking maybe put a pitcher of a Virgin drink in our back bathroom, then take my drink with me "to pee" and refill in there haha I screwed myself though, I'm having drama with in laws so I've been telling my friends how much I can't wait to drink. This should be interesting lol then I gotta do it again for nye! Haha

Ay, that's a hard one... You can say you're taking antibiotics and can't drink? Having some virgin punch stashed is a great one though. I actually need some ideas too... The next few weeks are going to be full of alcohol flowing parties.

The Virgin punch hidden is a great idea! Also now and then you can pour yourself a drink from the real punch in front of everyone and pretend to sip it, then swop glasses with your oh when his is empty, or just lose it somewhere or take it to the bathroom, tip it away and pour a virgin one!! It's much easier when you are host, it's harder at someone's else's house or a bar. X

On my hen do my friend said she was on antibiotics so couldnt drink, turns out she was actually pregnant and noone even thought anything of it!!!

I know how you feel though my SIL is hosting Christmas this year I have no idea how Im going to get away with not drinking, think I will just pass my drink to hubby when noone is looking haha :)

Great ideas! I thought of another one too, ill use my poor ds as an excuse haha I don't drink in front of him so I'll keep him up a little later than normal and use that to buy some time too lol

There are non-alcoholic wines/beers/etc (they're how I survive pregnancy when the craving hits, haha) that you can buy. Just remove the label from it or pour it into a different bottle and they'll have no idea it isn't a real drink. :)

https://www.frewines.com/

If anyone asked why I wasn't drinking I would say antibiotics and if people say what for I used to go with toothache and no one ever questioned it

Enjoy your party and congrats on the bfp

Do they sell alcoholic ginger beer where you are? When I was expecting DS, I got a six pack of alcoholic ginger beer for a New Year's Eve party but and got DH to drink them over the course of a week. I saved the caps and bottles, washed them out, refilled with non-alc ginger beer and recrimped the caps with pliers.

Serious amount of effort for a party but I live in Scotland where we like a drink at new year, there's no way I would've gotten away with it otherwise!! X

Ooh good one, I think they just started making that here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->