New cars and test driving

Tegans Mama

home edding mum of 2
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens when you take a new car for a test drive?

Thanks! :flower:

my mum went for a test drive in april at the vaxhall (sp?) garage and she said they guy showed her about the car then she drove it for a few miles then back she said it was like being on a driving lesson :rofl:
that probably doesn't really help since it was my mum not me but from what she said it was just to see if the car suited her and talk a bit more with the sales guy about her needs

That's what I want to know because I'm not driving a car with some random sat with me :rofl:

That's a bit strange, whenever my OH's been for a test drive he hasn't had to have anyone with him :wacko:

I did this for the first time this week! Both let me take it out on my own. Took me 5 min to work out how to put the seat forward though lol. I just took it for a wee drive to check for odd noises or smells (e.g. burning) and see how it handled. It was a bit of a jerky ride though as I was still getting used to the clutch lol!

Have fun :)

It depends on the dealership, some will let you test drive alone and some will go with you. I usually like to take the car around town and hop on the highway for a bit so I can see how it handles in all types of traffic. I hope you find something you like, buying a new car is always so much fun.

I live in the U.S, and they just let my husband take it for about an hour. Nobody went with him, I can see that being horrible!

They sit with you and let you drive a few miles and back again

When I bought my last car I had to give my license details and got to take it out on my own.

Ours had to sit with us and drive it off the lot and then we took it from there

They usually scan your license or take down your info and 99% of the time they usually sit with you while you drive around for a little. I did get to drive by myself once though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->