New, confused and in need of some advice.

Lynsay

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Heya,

I signed up to this forum, hoping to speak to women going through and thinking the same as me. I've read alot of answers on various threads and I'm confused about some acronyms that are being used (e.g AF?)

My boyfriend & I have been Trying to concieve for around 3 months and I'm starting to experience some strange symptoms...

These started Sat 12th, with metallic taste in my mouth, and severe lower back pain - which I usually get before a period.

Sunday 13th exactly the same, plus very very tired and soooo hungry.

Last night I could hardly sleep, even though I was shattered and today I have the worst headache ever. I dunno if it's just wishful thinking, or if anyone else has had similar? It might help to know that my period was due Nov 30th, but it arrived 6/7th was very very light (tmi - but so light no tampon or even towel needed?!)
I don't chart my ovulation or high fertile days as it's still early days
can anyone advise?

Thanks xxx

Hi welcome to the site,all the ladies are so lovely on here. I've only been TTC for 2 months so it's still pretty new for me too but with out knowing when you OV it's hard to work out when you are fertile etc but with having these symptoms have you considered testing?

Hi sweetie. Your Symptoms sound great. Try and take a FRER.

Oh and AF= Aunt Flow

I suppose that could have been implantation bleeding, so I would say go an but a First Response test woman!!

Thanks for your replies, I got excited after Reading that the metallic taste is often a promising sign, so tested on Sat night - negative. Which is why I'm confused. I know that I may need to wait, but not know ov dates, it's hard to calculate which date to test.

I've wasted sooo much on preg tests in this past 3 months, and I'm starting to wonder why it hasn't happened yet!!?

Xxx

If you are unsure of when you ovulated, then count 18 days from when you last had unprotected sex, and test then, make sure you use your first wee of the morning so if there is any hcg in it it will be the most concentrated. Good luck to you hun!:hugs:

hello, and welcome :hi:

those symptoms could be promising - but be warned, no matter how sensible you normally are symptom spotting will get you! every little twinge you never would have noticed before will become a possible pregnancy symptom! of course, they could be and one day they will be, but you could drive yourself crazy speculating, and the only way to know is by testing, unless of course af arrives (aunt flo = period). have your cycles been regular? i have not been charting so far, but am thinking of starting as my cycles are a bit wonky after coming off bcp and i just need to know what's going on.

wishing you :dust:

trying to post you a link to a thread explaining all the abbreviations etc - hope it helps x

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->