New cycle lengths?

Lea05x

Pregnant # 1
Reaction score
Hi all

Well last night the dreaded witch got me...boo! And well this was my second month in arow of being 2 days late. After talking to a friend of mine she suggested that maybe my cycle lengths have increased from a normal 28 day cycle to a 30 day cycle.....random! Has anyone else experienced this? Also do you think this will change when I ovulate? I have been using OPK tests for the last 2 cycles but I never got a really positive line even when testing twice a day. Did anyone else find OPK's werent any good to them?

Im now going into my 5th month of ttc and I really didnt think it would take this long. Im now thinking of relaxing my baby plans this month, Im sick of doing OPK's and tracking when ovulation is as it stresses me out. OH and I have decided to have some regular fun this month and see what happens.

Love to hear from you all......any advice or stories you wana share or have for me would be great.

Baby dust to you all x

My cycles are all over the place - I thought they'd settled down to 34-35 days, and then this month it was 29!! Makes timing DTD very difficult...

Do you do OPK's every cycle to see when you ovulate?

My cycle has recently gone from 28/29 to 31. This ties in with taking Pregnare conception. Lots of ladies on here said that it lengthened their cycles.
I use the digi 'smiley' face OPK and I always got a smiley face despite NOT ovulating. I had scans done showing that the follicle wa 29mm and didn't rupture. The OPKs only show an LH surge which doesn't necessarily mean that you actually ovulated.
If you don't think you're ovulating, perhaps you should see your doctor?

Thanks for the advice Jacinda. I have only used internet cheapie ovulation tests tho and not the digi ones, do you think these will be better? Also im wondering if maybe I ovulated later then I thought as my cycle has lenthened?

Yes, I always use OPk's, and I use the smilie ones. The line ones are positive for about 5 days for me, the smilie ones just for one.

Would you say the digi ones are better then? They are quite expensive, do you use digi's twice a day? Also do you temp?

For me, after coming off bcp my cycles got really long. Like anywhere between 35-41 days long. So now the only way for me to know when to expect AF is to track cm. I dont use opk's because I have found that tracking cm is accurate enough for me. I also feel mittelschmerz pain, which is ovulation pain. So that to me is my positive ovulation test.

Just like Kimberly, I've been tracking cm. I only started temping this month - we'll see how it goes.
Yes, the digi ones with the smiley face are much better. Use them for a few cycles, you should then know more or less when you ovulated.
Yes, if your AF is late, then it means you ovulated later. The length of the phase up to ov changes, but your post-ov phase remains the same (well, taking B6 can lengthen it, but if you're not taking any meds, then it should stay the same).
So if you're stressed, or ill, etc. it's not your AF that is late, it's your ov that was late(r). Hope this helps.

Thanks Jacinda and Kimberly17......when you say you go by CM you mean when you get creamy CM you know you are ovulating? I dont really get alot of CM to be honest...but then again ive never really took much notice of that....what do I need to look out for?

Also is it worth taking B6? I heard that people take this but im unsure what it is actually for...

It's the egg white cm you need to look out for. That's when you're most fertile. The ewcm helps the soldiers get to the egg (try to visualise it - it's a bit slippery and clear, so it allows the soldiers to slide and as it's clear, there are no obsticles on their way).
If your cycle is 30 days, then you should start getting some ewcm around CD16-17-18.
Once you know when you ovulate (either from temping, OPKs or observing your cm), you will be able to determine your luteal phase (days from ov to period). If it's shorter than 12 days, it means you might have problems conceiving. B6 helps to lengthen this phase. I wouldn't take any now, unless you know that you actually need it.

I really recommend Zita West's Taking charge of your fertility.

Thanks hun, I honestly thought this ttc would be simple but each month Im learning that it isnt.

I think looking back I dont really get much CM, I used pre seed last cycle but that hasnt worked :-(

Thanks hun, I honestly thought this ttc would be simple but each month Im learning that it isnt.

I think looking back I dont really get much CM, I used pre seed last cycle but that hasnt worked :-(

Try Robutissan - the cough syrup. 4 days before ov and on day of ov.

What does that do? Do i just take it as cough syrup? lol sorry im new to all of this.

Take the cough syrup regularly on those days. Robitussin not only thins out mucus from a cold, but it also thins out cervical mucus so sperm can travel easier.
Pretty cool, huh?

Very cool :) I will give that and temp charting a go this month......really want my BFP.

Yes, exactly what Kimberly said. Good luck hun!

Now that im TTC my cycles have been all over the place. They have always been a bit irregular, but not this crazy. I usually go from 33-41 days. Last cycle was 35, cycle before that was 53, and before that was 33. I think its just the stress of TTC. Its always on our minds, so it does effect the way our bodies work I guess.
I also use the CB Digital OPK. Love them!!! They really help when your cycles are all over the place. I highly suggest them!
I start using them twice a day when I start seeing the line get a bit darker. With the digital you can still see the lines when you pop the stick out. Once you see it getting darker, test at night as well as morning. Usually around CD 14-16, for me at least. I love the digital ones because its not a guessing game...its either a smiley or a circle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->