New Dad Gifts

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Chick, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Chick

Chick Well-Known Member

Hi

Whats everyone getting their partners?

Any ideas where I can get a card from too, clintons and that dont seem to do them, found a place online but they wanted £2.50 for delivery bit steep i thought.

Thank you

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I've got him a 'dishy daddy' box, with new PJ's, dressing gown, shirt and smellies in and I'm getting a card off Moonpig.

3. mrsneish2b

mrsneish2b Well-Known Member

Ive bought DH a tshirt, well i had it customised, hes picky about tshirts lol, it says on the front My Daddy is awesome (his fav word lol) and on the back it says something else but ive forgotten hahah!!! crazy baby brain!

x

4. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

dunno about cards, but someone on here suggested "engraved dog tag necklaces" as a cheap pressie.

i went on ebay and found one for 4.99 and had it engraved with a soppy message for OH from me on one tag and from baby on the other. (i wont tell u wat it says tho as u will all vomit its so bloody soppy)
    i just thought it was a nice sentimental keepsake for him as he has been a bit left out what with me hogging baby for the last 9 months.

ive popped it in my hospital bag so he can have it after the big event.

and 4.99 with free P&P and free engraving was quite good i thought.

xxx

5. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

That's a good idea! I was getting hubby the 'I'm the Daddy' t-shirt but he's recently started saying awesome after watching How I Met your Mother!!

6. lalalen

lalalen Pregnant with #2 EDD 5Sep

I bought my OH a 'Top Dad' mug from Sainsburys, to keep at work!

7. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

oh, i have failed again - i am just giving mine a baby lol

8. Sparklebaby

Sparklebaby Mummy to Jenny

LOL Suzi......ur not the only one.
    :blush:
    dunno if any of u have used moonpig? u could customise a card on there and they also do t-shirts etc. just an idea :) xx

9. MummaBump

MummaBump Mother of 3

Lol me too!!.... I actually think he should be getting me a gift after the 9 months of vomiting, back ache, swollen feet ect.... all to give him a son!

10. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

bought my husband a shirt that says 'v1.0' and our little man a onesie that says 'v2.0' so they can come home in matching outfits.

11. katekatekate

katekatekate Guest

Is this the done thing? I have to buy him something?
    He gets a present and I get vaginal stitches? :p
    Pfft. Ok I might I do love him n all.

12. StayPositive

StayPositive Mum and preg with twins

I've done a box of little things. Ear plugs for sleepless nights, a huge mug with 'i'm the Daddy' on so he can get that all important caffine, a Liverpool babyro as he is determined to corrupt out little one..., a cd with lullabies in a rock style as hes a rocker at heart, etc. Put it all in a wrapped shoe box with Daddy on the top! Love the idea of matching t-shirts though. Think he would love this. He better have got me something now...!!!!

13. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

lol - I was a little shocked when someone first asked me what I was getting him... "a son... what else could he want??" I guess they can feel a little left out and it helps? :shrug:

14. New2Bumps

New2Bumps Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

lol me too just giving my hubby a son but I think he'll be pretty damn pleased with him!!!

Will def. get a card and a little something with daddy on it - was thinking a dressing gown really as he sleeps as nature intended and it would come in handy to slip on when he gets up in the night (and he will!!!) - want one with Daddy on it really!

15. future_numan

future_numan Mommy to 4 girls & 1 boy

I agree !! I am giving my hubby a child, the one thing he always longed for..after years of infertility, surgeries, drugs and treatments..I figure this little girl is a wonderful gift to each other !!

16. Luna

Luna Mum of two

Our baby is my gift! I reckon we have enough expense without gifts for each other - i expect we'll be pretty distracted by the new human being anyway!

17. loopy_lou

loopy_lou Well-Known Member

Baby has bought husband a couple of pairs of Pjs as he does not wear them around the house.

I have bought him a couple of DVDs he wanted and a marble pastry board and rolling pin as he likes to bake and complains he does not have the right tools for the job.

18. sweetie_c

sweetie_c Well-Known Member

Not giving DH anything think it should be the other way round I should receive a gift :lol: but seriously the best gift we can give each other is a baby which we have longed for. Material things are a nice gesture but a baby is just the perfect gift.

19. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

He's getting a son from me, the last piece of the puzzle to complete our family.
    He doesn't want anything anyways, he just wants me to have a quick recovery, he's a big sweetie.

20. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

Well I live just outside Vancouver where the 2010 Olympics will be held in Feb, so I bought the same Olympic Canada t-shirt in a baby size and in my husband's size.