New doctor - SO excited and optimistic!!

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
I had an appointment with my new doctor finally! He is supposed to be the best of the best in our area. He went over all my tests with me and drew blood for new tests. He thinks a problem may be that I ovulate too late in my cycle (but I do ovulate on my own) so he got me right in to do an ultrasound. He said my ovaries and follicles look great and I have to call when my period starts so they can book an appointment for CD14 so that he can check and see if I'm ovulating during the right time frame. If I'm not then he said we will try Clomid. (Two of my pregnancies have been conieved around CD26). I wanted to jus start Clomid right now but he said looking at my follicles and the fact that my brother and sister are twins, there is too great of a chance of triplets for me. But he said if I am in fact ovulating too late this next cycle, we will do the Clomid. Also he said when I do get pregnant I will be on progesterone and we will be drawing HCG levels every 2 days until my levels reach 3,000, and then we will do a scan to check for a sac and then later for a heartbeat and go from there!

This is more than my last doctor has done for me in the past year!!! I'm so happy I found this doctor :D :happydance:

That's fantastic! It sounds like you have a great plan of action. I'm hoping that this will have some great results for you <3

And please excuse my ignorance, but what happens (negatively) when you O too late in your cycle? I'm having a crazy cycle (usually O on CD15, this time it's looking more like it's going to be CD25 or CD26, as I got my + OPK today), and I'm curious.

FX for you!

That's awesome, congrats on having such a proactive doctor!

That's fantastic! It sounds like you have a great plan of action. I'm hoping that this will have some great results for you <3

And please excuse my ignorance, but what happens (negatively) when you O too late in your cycle? I'm having a crazy cycle (usually O on CD15, this time it's looking more like it's going to be CD25 or CD26, as I got my + OPK today), and I'm curious.

FX for you!

He didn't fully explain it and I was taking in a lot of information but I think he said that if the egg waits too long to be released it can be damaged, or the cells can be damaged which can result in a miscarriage.

That's great! Having a new dr makes all the difference. I also O really late, even as late as day 29 sometimes. I'm using clomid right now to move it up.,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"