New girl

elephant29

Daddy, mummy, LO and bean
Reaction score
:wave: everyone!

So I have not long had my baby girl. She'll be 8 months this month. I am in utter shock to be joining you guys here so soon!

I woke feeling weird the other day so had some tests left from last time, they all were positive but I just couldnt believe it so went and bought another 6 :blush: 2 of which were negative but out of 9 in total I got 7 positives so think it's safe to say I'm pregnant again!

I have no idea how far on I am as I was on the pill and BF but done a sample for the DR yesterday and if this comes back positive he is referring me for an early scan. I think this is partly because I work in a violent environment!

Anywho just wanted to pop on and say hi and hope to get to know you all a little better as our pregnancies progress.

xxx

Congratulations! Enjoy the next 9 months!

Same thing happened to me -- dd was 8 months old when I went to doc to switch from the mini-pill because I was done nursing. Doc ran the standard pregnancy test just as protocol, and called me 2 days later and said, "Stop taking your bc! Your pregnant"
I had no CLUE I was pg, I just about died. We were NOT in a good spot to have another just yet. Both were still working and chained to our mortgage -- well actually, even worse... I think dh had just lost his job, and I was looking for work as I had TRIED to stay home with baby but it wasn't working out... we were just a mess. I can't believe I cried about being pregnant.

Let me tell you this: I'd do it again. Easily. I'm considering doing again after this one is born.
I never in a million years would have guessed how close my daughter and son would become. They play for hours, shrieking, laughing, giggling, and playing little secret adventures... they are absolutely best friends. As soon as one wakes up from a nap, they go hunting... not for mommy or daddy... but for the other kiddo. In fact... get this... on Saturdays, even though we have 4 and 5 yr old kids.... dh and I get to SLEEP IN because my kiddos just play together until dh and I wake up! My friends are rather jealous of that. ;)

In the beginning, 2 babies was actually pretty easy. Easier than I expected. Now...2 toddlers??-- we wanted to pull our hair out, so be prepared for a year or two where you think "I'LL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!" and then magically, they both become much more independent little kiddos, and you realize life can be sane again.

I would never... never take it back.

Same thing happened to me -- dd was 8 months old when I went to doc to switch from the mini-pill because I was done nursing. Doc ran the standard pregnancy test just as protocol, and called me 2 days later and said, "Stop taking your bc! Your pregnant"
I had no CLUE I was pg, I just about died. We were NOT in a good spot to have another just yet. Both were still working and chained to our mortgage, I think dh had just lost his job, and I was looking for work as I had TRIED to stay home with baby but it wasn't working out... we were just a mess. I can't believe I cried about being pregnant.

Let me tell you this: I'd do it again. Easily. I'm considering doing again after this one is born.
I never in a million years would have guessed how close my daughter and son are. They play for hours, shrieking, laughing, giggling, and playing little secret adventures... they are absolutely best friends. As soon as one wakes up from a nap, they go hunting... not for mommy or daddy... but for the other kiddo.

2 babies was actually pretty easy. 2 toddlers-- we wanted to pull our hair out, so be prepared for a year or two where you think "I'LL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!" and then magically, they both become much more independent little kiddos, and you realize life can be sane again.

I would never... never take it back.

Thanks hun!

Our stories sound very similar. I was BF but stopped at 6 months so went and changed to the normal pill again. I was on it a week when I tested so somewhere between BF, changing pill I became pregnant!

I have just gone back to work. I work full-time night shift and OH works full-time so we are already struggling with childcare and the thought of working full-time when pregnant and looking after LO is sooo scary! I'm already shattered!

Aw your story has made me feel much better though so thank you! I've been stressing about having 2 under 2 as well.

xxx

I know, the thought is stressful, especially financially... But somehow, it worked for us even though at the time it seemed impossible.
It took awhile for DH to want #3, not because he only wanted 2 kids, but because our family works so well together right now it seemed like playing with fire to change anything!
That's how well our crazy 'accident' works for us :). You'll see... In the end having them this close will make life very easy once they're both past the age of 2.

P.s. I also worked full time (yes found a job soon after) through that second pregnancy, and it really was ok. Really. :hug:

Hey there,

I noticed you're from Scotland too - yay! I'm pregnant with my first but very very nervous! Congrats on your bfp and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

im from scotland too, congrats, im nervous bout mine because im dd is crazy lol

Thanks guys!

I'm from Greenock. I will only admit this once, haha.

Aw dont be nervous, the first time is brilliant. It's all scary and new but you will blink and 8 mths will have flown past!

I know why your scared with your 2nd though. I'm freaking out bit but keep reminding myself to breathe, haha.

xxx

No way hun huge congrats xxx you are nuts lol but I would have another in a second!!! xxxxx :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->