New here and in desperate need of support

dandylion

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have spent all these months just reading other peoples posts just trying to get some answers but today I really need some advise. I am 10dp5dt or 16dpo and I checked a few days ago and actually got a BFP for the first time! However, that would have been at 14dpo and what I didn't realize is that light lines mean low HCG levels and I have posted a picture of my results from yesterday and they are still fairly light. I am having a panic attack that this is just a chemical pregnancy and it terrifies me because although I tried not to, I still let myself get excited by that second line. My question is, did anyone else have tests this light at 15dpo or later and still have a healthy pregnancy? My beta is tomorrow and I just want to know what I'm in for before I get the news at work. Any advise would be welcome even if it's the harsh truth.

Sorry,

I forgot to post the picture. Here it is and thank you to everyone who replies!

Attachments

• IMG_0289 (1).jpg
    IMG_0289 (1).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 187
A line is a line hun.... Congratulations xx

Yep, my 9yr old is a result of an extreme faint line at 14dpo. I had to call my sister because I thought it was negative but knew I saw something. I still have the test 9 years later and it is crazy how faint it is. Congrats!

They are great lines! I don't get a line until 13dpo at all, with either of my BFPs. My lines were a lot fainter than yours at that point too, but I know that is just what is normal for me.

Congratulations on your bfp!!

Those are really good lines. All my bfps have been so very faint and i have three kids to show for it. Good luck.

perfect lines there hun, your definitely pregnant xx congrats xx

I wouldnt call that faint. Those are nice lines. And a digi to boot. I think you have no need to worry. Congrats!!

Thank you so much everyone for your words of encouragement and support! I feel much more confident now. I keep comparing mine to pictures of other women's on the same day and have convinced myself that this light could only mean low HCG levels but it is so good to hear that some of you got faint lines and still had normal pregnancies :) I will post again tomorrow with my beta levels but I finally feel like I can take a deep breath again so thank you!

I too drove myself nuts over comparing lines to others during our IVF rounds. In the end it really just comes down to your hcg levels doubling properly. Tests can't tell you that and different tests/batches of tests vary dramatically. All the best with your beta tomorrow. Keep us posted. :hugs:

Those aren't faint! They're fantastic. I never got lines that dark around 14dpo.

Thank you guys! I never expected to get so much support, I am so happy now that I finally reached out :) I took another test this morning and it was still the same shade which scares me a little because I know they're supposed to get darker. I'm at 17dpo now and going in for my beta In a couple of hours. I can't stop shaking hoping that I will finally get to allow myself to be excited about my BFP! What can I say, I'm a worry wart. I will let you all know what I find out! Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed with ya! Good luck! Keep us updated.
I haven't been on this site since a bit after I had my little one in 2012 but everyone is so supportive here! :hugs:

Well ladies,

It's official!! Now I am terrified about all that comes next but I can't keep the smile off my face. My beta came in at 104 and today is actually 16 dpo not 17. My doctor said she likes it to be over 100 at this point so a little on the low side but still real and still hopeful :) thank you all for getting me through this stressful weekend of waiting and worrying, every time I felt myself getting nervous I just read all of your posts again and it got me through so thank you!

There are nothing faint about those lines sweetheart! Great lines! congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->