~*~New here, any advice welcome...:D~*~

charlz87

TTC Cycle #4
Reaction score
Hi
I have been reading posts on here religiously for a few days now and have made a few comments but I just wanted to say :wave: officially as I have a feeling I might be here for a while...
Me and OH have been together for almost 7 years and have lived together for 2 of those 7 and have decided to ttc!
I have struggled with an eating disorder on and off for the past 7 years and something in me (probably my overwhelming desire to become a mum) last summer told me to stop behaving like a child and get myself better, which I have done.
The only thing worrying me is that fact that because of my "illness" my :witch: stopped for 12 months, I finally got it back last month :happydance: which means that we started trying a few weeks ago. Has anyone else had any luck conceiving after an eating disorder. It really worries me because I am scared I have messed myself up completely, fertility wise....
Anyway, I am going to need all the help I can get off you ladies as I dont understand alot of the lingo and how to chart or temp or anything like that (understanding is getting better from reading some of your posts *thanks* :hugs:). Me and OH both really want this baby and am crossing my fingers a million times over.
Any help or advice would be most appreciated. :D
Thanks for reading my incredibly long introduction :blush:
Wishing all of you well and sending out lots of baby dust to you all.
xxx

Hi, I dont no alot about eating disorders but thought i would google ur situation for you. Hope you find it useful

www.eatingdisorderexpert.co.uk

Its great that you have overcome this and i hope you get a healthy baby soon, good luck

:hug:

x-x-x-x

Welcome i hope you get your BFP soon xx

You just need to give your body some time to adjust. The first few months your body will probably be working on trying to make a nice strong eggie. It will happen, just keep your head up and focus on the future, not the past! Good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys.
I have checked out that website and it has really hammered home how much better I am now and how much more positive I feel about myself, my diet and my life in general.
I am back to a healthy weight now, My BMI has gone from 37 to 16 and is now at 22, and I have never been happier and no longer am I afraid to talk about it.
Any who... One question I wanted to ask is... should I be using ovulation kits (opks i think?), and doing the temping thing? Alot of you girls seem to be doing it and I think maybe I should start? Also I know this might sound stupid but where do you take your temperature? In your mouth, under your arm....?? Also will just a normal thermometer do and how do I know if my temperature is right?? Any good websites that might explain this a bit more? From reading posts on here Ive realized that this might be the best way to go about things??
Sorry about all the questions, just interested...
xxx

Hi, welcome and congratulations on your recovery.
I'm not into temping or charting or opking, but I would just suggest trying to relax, establishing when you ovulate so you can get down and dirty at the right times and of course folic acid or pre natal vitamins. Good luck hun. The ladies on here are amazing. You can ask anything and we will try to advise and support. XX

OPK's are so great, I pretty much think they are all you need. You just really need to pin point O time and then get busy!!!!!!! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->