new here :D

georgina1985

Reaction score
Hey everyone
my names geprgina and im 23. I've been with my OH for nearly 6 years now. We have recently been talking about starting our own little family and have decided we will start trying after christmas!! Ive come on here hoping to make some friends throughout our journey :happydance:

I went to the doctors and told them and they suggested coming off the pill now ready for christmas have you all done this or are you staying on the pill till you start???
Also he told me about starting to take Folic acid. I think i was very naive before i didnt realise how much thought and planning went into it all i thought you got down to it and got pregnant lol. Like i said very naive lol

Hopefully talk soon
Georgina

Welcome to BnB, Georgina! It doesn't have to be super complicated, but you definitely want to do some planning. Taking folic acid is really important in terms of your baby's development.

As for the pill though, I came off the pill and got pregnant the very next month. It doesn't work like that for everyone though. Some people's bodies require more time to get their cycle sorted out. If you're doctor recommended it, why not go for it and use condoms until you're ready? At least then you'll know that your cycles are regular which will make it easier down the road.

Good luck!

Hi Georgina. I'm pretty new round here myself and we are ttc in December. I came off the pill this week so it's early days. We are using condoms til Dec (boo!). I also started taking the folic acid supplement this week too. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and see you around the board.:)

Hi Georgina.
I'm pretty new too, and we are ttc in November/ December. I came off the pill in July and had one normal AF. My cycle at the moment is 40days!!! hopefully it will settle down. We aren't using any condoms if something happens sooner then it was meant to be!
I also started taking the folic acid supplement too. I have to admit I didn't even know about folic acid, until i read up about it.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and see you around the board.
Laura xxx

Hi Georgina welcome to BnB :hi:
I came off the pill in august & we we're going to use condoms until the end of september when we would start TTC but DH couldnt be bothered to get any condoms so we're TTC now :rofl: men!!

I have only had one period since coming off the pill so not sure just yet what my cycles are like until the end of the month fingers crossed though it will be ok x

I'm sure your wait will be a quick one Good Luck TTC after xmas hope your TTC journey is a short one x

Hi Georgina welcome to BnB!

Your TTC time will be here before you know it - just look at how quickly the summer went! Best of luck to you!

:hug:

Hey welcome to bnb! :wave:

Have you seen the https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/53117-nov-dec-trying.html thread? I know there's a few people in there who have come off the pill in prep for trying in a few months time and are talking about that - might be useful info for you or a convo you could maybe join in with?

Good luck with your TTC journey - will see you over in the TTC boards in December / new year as hubby and I will be trying at the same time as you! :D

In the meantime, enjoy your 'couple time' while you still can :p and have a very merry Christmas!! :wohoo:

HI Georgina,

I'm new too and my hubby and I are waiting til next Sept so I'm very jealous of the December TTC date lol.

I've been told that you can take the pill up to the time you start TTC as it's purely for dates that they tell you to come off. Also, the folic acid can be taken while you're on the pill so that can continue I've been told for3 months prior so you can start now.

Welcome to the board...I'm new and this is the nicest board I've been on!!

Aimee x

hi Georgina!

folic acid is a must! hope you don't have to wait for too long either!

luv & hugs
:hugs:

Thankyou everyone,
you all seem so kind and helpful hope everything works out for all of you too :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->