New here - feeling old!

Ellivort

Reaction score
I was feeling old before i even saw there was a forum for us 35+.

I was 35 when I got my BFP and now 36. I feel like everyone else who is pregnant around me is under 30 and most under 25 even! Makes me feel ancient :/

My mom had her first at 30 and her last at 40, but nowadays the age has dropped so much.

I haven't told anyone at work yet. Did you get many really surprised when you announced to others that you were pregnant?

Hi Elli!
I am 35 now, will be 36 when LO is born, and totally get how you're feeling. I got quite a few weird reactions but I don't know if it was just my age, or bc this is #5. My oldest son will be 21 when this baby is born, ugh... Being pregnant was way easier when I was younger as well.
Mostly everyone has adjusted and are more than happy for us. They ask so many questions and worry so much lol.. Just take any strange reactions in stride. If this baby makes you happy, then who really cares what they think of it lol.. Times are a changing again and the age when women are having their first is again on the rise.
We most definitely will not be the oldest parents at back to school night ;)

Hello, i had my first at 20 and having my last at 31 ( not over 35 but i don't see much of a difference really...) Just wanted to say that if i am honest being pregnant at 30+ was much easier than at 20.... My pregnancy have been easier, and i am unphased at sleepless nights xxx You will be fine mummy xxx

I'm 40... Does that make me ancient? Lol.
I hate that the doctors call me 'geriatric'. Seriously, couldn't they use a better word?!
Anyway, heaps of women I know are having babies at my age, and older. It's just the done thing these days, where I live, anyway.

I had my first at 36 and I'm expecting number 2 now at the ripe old age of 39.
Funnily enough, not one person has mentioned my age. Even the midwives!

I know more older Mum's than younger ones these days, so you really won't notice it! Don't worry!!

Even when i would talk about our fertility struggles and desire to have another baby we'd get surprised reactions, as if because i'm not 25 I should be out of this baby game!

it's really nice to know I'm not the only one who feels and I am determined to ignore it since this has been 7 long years of trying and waiting!

I hate that the doctors call me 'geriatric'. Seriously, couldn't they use a better word?!
Anyway, heaps of women I know are having babies at my age, and older. It's just the done thing these days, where I live, anyway.

I was called this when I had my first at 30, having my second now at 40 as well, they may as well just give me info on my funeral the way they look at me at times :haha:

Most were surprised when I announced I have a 10 year age gap and get questioned all the time why did you wait so long, was it planned, were you shocked and even a "oh wow wow wow I didnt know people of your age still had sex"

So yeah loads of great comments and I dont think one person wasnt surprised :wacko:

@Lucasmom - Didn't know we still had sex.. wow lol.. what do they think we do all winter? ;)

I was 30 when I had number one and am now 36 pregnant with number 7 my dh turned 50 this week I get loads of comments about being pregnant again but mainly about how many I have rather than age. I will be 37 when bubs is born and am finding this pregnancy harder than my last few weather that is my age or running round after hord's of little ones I'm not sure.

Well I'm an antique ! Had my first at 41 and second at 43 ... Both natural and no complications . I'm currently contemplating no 3 ;) lol

I am 41 and 5 weeks pregnant. I am super worried of miscarriage or birth defects.

Enrisa I'm sure it will all be just fine. Congratulations :) try not to worry , yes while statistically there are raised risks they are only marginally greater than the norm , I've had to pg over 40 both were just fine :)

Ssjad - Geriatric?! Oh my. My doctors words weren't much better...he said "since you are considered to be... (Ahem)... Of advanced maternal age...":haha::haha:

I was 35 then...and am 37 now with a baby due in May.

I'm in the "advanced maternal age" group too! Had my first at 35, 2nd at 38 and will have my 3rd a few weeks before my 40th bday!

I'm in the "advanced maternal age" group too! Had my first at 35, 2nd at 38 and will have my 3rd a few weeks before my 40th bday!

Ooooo new baby coming soon! How exciting! Congrats!

I'm 36 but turning 37 very soon. The few people we have told have been surprised but I don't think it is because of my age, it is most likely they assumed we weren't going to have another one as our youngest is almost 5.

I haven't told work yet but I think they will be surprised too. I'm not looking forward to the reactions as it makes me question myself as to why exactly am I putting myself through this all again!

As for being 'old', I actually don't feel much different than when I was younger. I think so far I feel better than when I was 31 and pregnant but I weighed more then so the extra weight made pregnancy a bit harder. I'm still not up to the uncomfortable stage yet so I guess I may change my opinion then.

It might depend on where you live as to how old other mums are, I don't think 36 is that old really. I have friends who had their kids at this age and are now in their early 40's so I guess that helps me see it as normal.

LOL! You think you're old?! Haha that's cute. I'm 47 years old and 22 weeks pregnant! I'll be 48 when the baby is born. :) I got a lot of surprised reactions from people when I told them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->