New here, need advice.

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by ribitster, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ribitster

ribitster Member

Hi All!

Ok, I'm just going to get this all out!

My hubby and I have been trying for 5 months. We had a faint positive on Aug 1st. and I started my period (or so the doc says) on Aug 3rd. I stopped taking BC pills in late June. My cycle has not been normal since... I do not know my ovulation timing due to abnormal cycle.

My last period was Oct 11. I took a test on Tuesday the 15th of Nov and it was neg. I still have not started my period and I am having scent aversions. How soon is too soon to re-test?

2. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

HCG doubles every 48 hours, so you might get a significant increase overnight. A lot of us here on BnB will just test every day, but it depends on your wallet! Every BFP had a point when the day before was a BFN, so keep on testing as you want.

You might want to consider charting your cm or temperature or use OPKs , if you don't get your BFP this time. THat can help with pinpointing OV especially if your cycles are irregular. Good luck! :dust:

3. ribitster

ribitster Member

Thanks!

I was reading other posts and I saw something about using pink die tests only... What is wrong with the blue line tests?

4. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

I think they are hard to read - and sometimes look positive when they are not and are bad for evaps (lines which are visible because of evaporation of wee, rather than test dye). x

5. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

Are you in UK? You can get ultra sensitive tests from Ebay (10miu) delivered the next day, in bulk (*POAS PUSHER ALERT*)

6. ribitster

ribitster Member

Not in UK, in STL MO. Send some baby dust this way, please!

7. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

What is STL MO?! Baby dust to you! :dust: Keep us posted! :D

8. catielove

catielove TTC w/ PCOS- med free

^St. Louis, Missouri. :)

I would test, if it's a BFN, start charting so you'll know when you ovulate from now on. :)