New Here, Negative Test, Very Confused, and Very Scared

crispykrissy

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum or not (so if not, I apologize).

My fiancé and I are not trying to conceive and I have had the Mirena for 8 years now. It makes my menstrual cycle stop and just gives me pretty bad cramps all of the time. Well, about a week ago, my breasts became very sore and tender. I spot bled really light pink blood for about 3 days, been having really bad acid reflux, and feel nauseous randomly (but not every day or always in the morning).

I got a little worried and decided to take a test (clearblue) - negative. My symptoms continued but my breasts seemed to be getting more sensitive. I made the assumption that if I was pregnant, the spot bleeding would have been implantation and took another test 6 days after the bleeding stopped (same test, same result).

We're one week later and I just figured it was my IUD messing with hormones in a weird way it never has before. I had one drink last night and felt buzzed/vomited it all up (which is very uncommon for me).

Can the Mirena suddenly change how it's been acting with someone? I checked and it's still in place. Is it possible I'm pregnant? Wouldn't I be getting a positive test or would the IUD be messing with the test? Help please! I'm very new to the baby stuff and just recently found out about implantation bleeding (just to let you know my level of expertise).

This is something I am unfamiliar with, but if a test is :bfn: then usually you are not. I would take up your GP. They can at least then just take a blood test and tell you for absolute certainty that you are not.

I had the mirena it can mess with your hormones and make you feel pregnant and symptoms to make you believe you are! ESpecially towards the end of its shelf life
Maybe go get it checked and either change contraception or have a new one put in to make sure
Good luck
I wouldn't have it again I had the worst cramping every month and it killed to put it in

Have you had the mirena changed at the five year mark or have you just had one in for a straight eight years? If it's the latter, it needs to be changed.
It can jack with you from time to time though

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I did have it changed at the five year mark. I guess my main concern is the bleeding that occurred. In the entire time I've had the IUD (both times) I've never had an episode of bleeding with the exception of insertion. I did take another pregnancy test yesterday (not digital this time) and it still showed negative. I made a doctors appointment just to make sure everything is okay with the IUD though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->