New here! & starting to go crazy

Silverkey554

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I never expected to - but I've had bad baby fever lately. It's just this weird urge. I'm 25 almost 26 & my husband is 27. We have been together 10 years and married almost 3. Before we got married we agreed on 1-2 kids "around 30". Since then we have decided we are leaning more toward 2 since we are both only children. I tried to bring up the subject of trying sooner rather than later and he didn't want to hear it. He is graduating with his masters in December and says he still has traveling, projects, work goals etc to meet before kids. I understand I don't want to push him if he is not ready, but it broke my heart. I've had my career for over 3 years, we own a house, and no debt. Not much savings since he has been in grad school but it will come. I think having our first when I'm 27 and second at 30-31 would be perfect. Sorry for the rant - what should I do? Wait and ask again in a year? Maybe once he finds a new job he will feel better? How do I keep myself from going crazy. It is all I've been thinking about lately. I think part of it is because I'm scheduled to get the mirena put in next month because I hate taking the pill. I think my body is convinced this is one last chance to convince him to try next year and then if just stay off everything. Ugh! Thanks for listening :)

Hi! I get it. I have a daughter who just turned one and I want to have another baby soooo badly. I promised my husband that we would wait to try until my daughter was 2, but I am going insane with babies.

My suggestion to you would be to tell him how you are feeling and go from there! :)

Sounds somewhat similar to us! We were planning on waiting to around 30, but the baby fever hit me hard at 26. He just had a few "what ifs" when I brought it up, and since I gave reasonable answers to all of them he agreed to try. 27 was definitely a great age to have the first for me!

Think of counter arguments to his, and have the talk again. Maybe he just doesn't realize how important it is to you, and how you guys can still make it work even with his future plans. :flower:

How strange is it how it just happens so quickly? I always knew I'd have children, but it just came on a few months ago and I was desperate to start TTC. I'm 27.

Same as you - my husband wants to wait :( I've been working full time in my job for 8 years, we also own a home and my husband has a full time job too. We were just married in august, and I feel like we are ready than ever.

Unfortunately, he has other ideas! Although we both have good jobs, he wants to wait until he gets a promotion, and wants to wait until we have gone on a few more holidays. We are going overseas in 6 weeks, so hopefully he changed his mind soon.

You can't force it on them, which is why I joined this forum. It's better talking here than annoying him every day about it! :flower:

Baby fever hits so jard sometimes right? I think you should have talk again, he probably thought about it on his own since then and the discussion might bring more specifics details about the why and why not of waiting :)

I'm WTT #2, but I wanted to just add that having a baby does not need to cause any disruption to life's goals... you can still travel, work hard, and enjoy your hobbies with a little one! We've traveled abroad and across the country several times in the course of my one year old's life. We both work, and we have easily found a way to include our son in our hiking and running hobby! I think if you talk to him about specific worries and discuss realistic solutions, that might help! You should both feel ready before trying.

It's never a "good time", I say convince your hubby and go for it! Sometimes it takes a while to TTC so you never know

It's never a "good time", I say convince your hubby and go for it! Sometimes it takes a while to TTC so you never know

I couldn't agree more. There will always be something to hold you back.

DH and I are a little different in that he's wanted to have a baby for several years and I was the one holding back. But then one day I realized we aren't getting any younger and were in as good of spot as possible so why not? The BAM! baby fever hit lol.

Keep talking to him and I wish you luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->