New here today & already got a TMI question!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Babylady, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Babylady

Babylady Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I'm 27 weeks today and haven't had any problems with the pregnancy at all so far but something happened this morning which has concerned me a bit...

I got up as usual and went straight into the shower and had just dried myself when I felt a trickle of something running down my leg. Had a look and it was a faintly cloudy fluid (couple of drops also went on the floor - I know, sorry - TMI! :blush:). Had a couple of wipes and it didn't happen again but it's worried me (as these things tend to do!) It wasn't a 'gush' - just a trickle but quite a big trickle. In fact, it was just like what can sometimes happen when you've been lying in the bath for a while and when you stand up you can have a bit of a leak (if you know what I mean!) :blush:

Got no other pains or anything so just need to know if I should seek medical advice or whether this is just another pregnancy treat from mother nature!! Hope everyone is H&H! :hugs:

2. _jellybean_

_jellybean_ Well-Known Member

I'd call your doctor and let him/her know.

3. Daisy1986

Daisy1986 Well-Known Member

I had the same worries a while back and ended up going to L&D and they had to do an internal with a speculum to check...it was horrible and I hated it but I was worried and really paranoid.
    Sounds like discharge to me but a good way to check is to lie on your left side for half an hour-hour and then stand up...if it's fluid it will run out.
    In the hospital I had to lie on my left side for 20 mins and then they looked inside with the speculum to see if fluid was pooling inside which it wasn't.
    As I hated the internal so much because it hurt and there's a risk of infection and bleeding, if it happens to me again I will probably lie down etc before running the hospital.
    I thought i'd worry less when I got to 3rd trimester but nope! Hehe. Good luck x

4. Babylady

Babylady Well-Known Member

Thanks Daisy, I will try that. I thought I'd worry less as time went on but no chance - the opposite if anything! Look at me, first day in 3rd Tri and already panicking (and am sure tomorrow it'll be something else!!) :haha: xx

5. miss_divine

miss_divine Anya's Mummy <3

Definitely had this before, it's completely normal. As long as it doesn't keep happening over and over in a row. The best test is the lying down thing that a previous poster mentioned. :hugs:
    xx

6. Laurenmomma

Laurenmomma Well-Known Member

I had this yesterday! Thought I'd peed myself but it was cloudy white! I think cos baby is movin more I worried too! Just look out for it if it happens regularly! x

7. luvmyfam

luvmyfam Well-Known Member

I had the same happen at 28 weeks and I went in to be checked and it was discharge. My OB said that if it were amniotic fluid that it should be clear (you wouldn't see it in toilet water) and it would continue to trickle.