New here - TTC & discouraged

sarahbug31

Reaction score
Hi all - I am new here. This is my first post and just looking for people going through the same thing as I am. We are TTC. I just got more blood work back (today) that shows I am not ovulating. My progesterone is at 3.9.

My hubby goes in next week for a sperm analysis, just to rule anything else out.

I am just getting discouraged and frustrated. I just feel let down, I guess. I know it's not the end of the world and my doctor wants me to move in the directed of Clomid after my husband's test or even an HSG.

Has anyone done an HSG? Anyone else going through something similar? Thanks in advance.

Hi is the hsg where they put dye in your tubes & check to see if clear? If yes i've had it done & was actually ok (alot of ladies conceive just after getting that done) when ttc my first we tried for a while before going for tests, his sperm test came back fine then i had my tests, hsg & bloods & my levels came back low too cant remember exact details was 9/10 yrs ago but i was also put on clomid & conceived ds on it. So best thing i did was getting checked.
At least you now know hun what the problem is & it can easily be fixed clomid has worked for lots of couples i'm an example but if you do get put on it definitely use preseed with it or evening primrose oil for ewcm as clomid can dry it up. I conceived the 12th cycle on clomid & only one i used preseed & epo on.

Your a step closer to your baby so hang in there & wishing you all the best

Hi is the hsg where they put dye in your tubes & check to see if clear? If yes i've had it done & was actually ok (alot of ladies conceive just after getting that done) when ttc my first we tried for a while before going for tests, his sperm test came back fine then i had my tests, hsg & bloods & my levels came back low too cant remember exact details was 9/10 yrs ago but i was also put on clomid & conceived ds on it. So best thing i did was getting checked.
At least you now know hun what the problem is & it can easily be fixed clomid has worked for lots of couples i'm an example but if you do get put on it definitely use preseed with it or evening primrose oil for ewcm as clomid can dry it up. I conceived the 12th cycle on clomid & only one i used preseed & epo on.

Your a step closer to your baby so hang in there & wishing you all the best

TY so much! You made my day.. how sweet are you. I know a year is not super long, but I just get so down and discouraged, which just makes it worse.

I really appreciate your encouragement. :)

Yes, that is what the HSG is. I was wondering if I should go ahead with that or hold off and try the clomid first. I have friends that have been really successful with clomid and I hear success stories all the time, so hopefully that's our answer.

I will def. use preseed and EPO. Thank you for the suggestions!

Keeping my chin up :)

I am so sorry. I was going through the exact same thing 2 yrs ago. Blood test confirmed I was not ovulating after my mc. Of course this made since because I was have very irregular periods. I was put on bcp for 6 months. This is my first cycle off and I ovulated at on cd19. I hadnt seen a pos opk in 2 years so thats what worked for me. GL

Welcome. Fingers crossed your hubby SA is good. At least having that and your test you know where your at. I hear Clomid works well for lots of ladies. Wishing you lots of luck.

No problem happy to help if it wasn't was forums like these & someone suggesting preseed along with the clomid i think i would've still been struggling. This forum is full of heaps of advice, support & lovely ladies ready to help.

I think if thier offering it definitely go for it as even if nothing is wrong with tubes & blockage etc which it hopefully wont be just them flushing through it really helps. Like a good clean out lol

Then you can go for the clomid. Fx your succesfull with it if not read up on soy isoflavones i've read alot of women have got success with that too it's a natural herb & supposed to work like clomid. But do your research on it i might actually try it next cycle. My link to my journal is in my siggy so feel free to join me there & i can update you if i do decide to take the soy isoflavones & be there just to support you too. You will get your baby hun x

My hubby had his SA late last week and I just got a call back from our doctor. The analysis showed the concentration was super low and the percent of normal sperm was incredibly low, as well. They are suggesting we see a urologist next, instead of starting me on clomid right away.

I am so heartbroken.. but know that everything happens for a reason.

Hi Sara, I have weak ovulation as well. They put me on femara and then I ovulated correctly. Make sure your Dh is taking daily vitamins this can help with sperm to make sure they get proper nutrition. My Dh takes the generic Wal-Mart one's.
I'm sorry you have to see a endocrinologist. :( I didn't have any issues with the hsg, but most people take ibuprofen before. I forgot and had no issues.

I don't ovulate either on my own but my LO came about after 3 cycles of clomid.

Finding out there is something wrong is positive as it means you can do something about it and move forward. Good luck!

Hope you guys get a quick referral so you can get on with things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->