New here & worrying already lol

Mrs.Knight

Reaction score
So I just got a bfp yesterday (well actually 3 bfp's yesterday and 2 today lol)....so I wanted to say hi :) my husband and I have only been married 2 months, and I have a 3 year old from a previous marriage. I also have pcos. This pregnancy was not planned & I just told my husband last night and he is REALLY upset...it's just overwhelming with everything going on. Anyway, a little about myself..I'm 22 years old and a CMA (though currently not working) and live in South Carolina.

My worry is I took a first response test yesterday and it came up positive...took one today and it came up positive again but it looked a little fainter...now I'm worried my hcg levels are goingn down and I'm going to have a miscarriage...I took a clearblue and it said "pregnant 1-2 weeks"....

Is it bad that my second test was fainter? Shouldn't my hcg have doubled and it be darker??

Firstly, welcome and congratulations!

Secondly, don't worry about lines fluctuating in lightness, it depends on the brand, concentration of your pee etc.

If it says you're pregnant, then you're pregnant :)

HCG doubles every few days so maybe try again the day after tomorrow. I loved testing to see the line progression but don't be disheartened by them right now. :)

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your bfp, and if you're excited don't let anyone take that away from you, even your husband.

As for the tests, what the pp said is pretty spot on. They can fluctuate, and clear blue digitals cause more stress than good!

Welcome and congrats.

It's totally normal to worry and as the others said there's a lot of things that can fluctuate results. My advice would be to stop testing; you've had your bfp and continuing to test will just cause stress if the result isn't what you're expecting and things are likely to be perfectly normal.

Try and relax the best you can :) x

Welcome to first tri and congrats on your pregnancy xx

I got my BFP this week also :) wed-fri my lines became darker (fri super dark) then this morning the line was a lot fainter than yesterday.. im also worrying due to 'dr google' but the mums on this forum have reassured me..

Your hubby will come around. Big shock for men i think.. with my last pregnancy i remember dh didnt seem excited until we found out the sex

Welcome back! I was hoping to see you back soon, and it couldn't be any sooner! Congratulations! Mine varied in the first few tests also but then they got darker and darker :) Very happy for you!

Congratulations! My tests took a couple of days to get darker too x

congrats & wellcome. i think one lighter test is nothing to worry about hcg can fluctuate first few days & depends on test brand, concentration on pee etc i noticed my afternoon pee & evening pee was better than fmu too

Mrs Knight- I wouldn't worry about the test lines. As others said, it is influenced by lots of different factors like the test time etc.
Oh and dont let hubby take away any happiness.

all the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"