New here...

Baby 4 me

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm brand new here so let me tell you a bit about myself and situation (there's a few things I'd like to get off my chest.....I hope at least one of you make it all the way through this!!)

My OH and I have decided to try for a little one. We have just returned from living abroad and since I don't start my new job 'til 5th May we will have to wait until December time to start trying (so I'm entitled to SMP and leave). Most of the time I am hugely excited about starting to try and other times I wonder whether we should not bother at all. My OH is 12 years older than me and has two grown up children...I sometimes think that we could have a lovely life if it was just the two of us...what if something happened to my OH....he should be at a time in his life where his life is his own....so many thoughts!! My OH is happy either way, if I want to have a child he will be over the moon - if I don't want one he will be happy with that too. I'm so up and down about this.

I also have an underactive thyroid which as anyone else with this will know can lead to irregular periods and even infertility. This makes me worry that pregnancy might never happen for us or will take years to happen (which is only a worry because of my husbands age).

ALSO (last one, promise!) I am pretty terrified of being pregnant. I suffered from health related panic attacks for over ten years and only in the past few years I have managed to control them....I would hate for pregnancy to bring my fears to the fore again. Is being scared of pregnancy normal????? Sometimes I think it will be the best time in the world - other times I think it will be something I just want over and done with.

So - there you have it - all my concerns and fears laid out. I hope someone has a story or two for me to help alleviate my fears! I'm pretty normal honest although I know my post probably says otherwise!!!!

I'm off to read the forums now - here's hoping for some replies. Thanks guys!! xxx

Hey, welcome to Bnb! :hugs:

Congrats on you starting your new job soon!

I completely understand your thinking - It's kind of like weighing up the pro's and con's of having a child and you're lucky in that you've got an OH that is happy either way, but at the same time I would say don't let fear hold you back. 'Life is what you make it' as they say. :)

If you are really concerned about TTC/getting pregnant and how your underactive thyroid will affect that, just go to see your GP and I'm sure they will give you a lot of information and put your mind at ease. :)

There is an actual phobia term for being of pregnancy I think?

Hope your time in WTT is short and maybe you could start a WTT journal to write in? The WTT journals are at the top of the WTT section.
xx

Hey hun and welcome to bnb

Theres plenty of lovely ladies WTT for many different reasons, so we understand how you feel. I think Sept will be a good time at least it gives you time to settle into your job.

I would ask you GP about underactive thyroid as i dont really know what it is. sorry

See you around the forum x

Hello and welcome to BnB,
I hope everything goes ok for you and that when you are ready to ttc your thyroid doesn't cause you any problems, as for your panic attacks hopefully you will be that excited about your future baby they won't rear their ugly head, but you could maybe discuss them with your GP before you get pregnant or with the midwife once you are pregnant if your worried x

hello! Just wanted to say a big welcome to WTT xx

Hi there :) Welcome to BnB and WTT forum, Good luck with everything, you will find a lot of people who are also nervous and thinking the same way as you on here, you are not alone :)
Speak to your GP about your thyroid problems, they can give you leaflets and so on, I wouldnt advise looking at it online, as you never know whats right or wrong!
Im glad you have a supportive OH, My OH is 11 years older than me, so i understand the pressure of age gaps and so on, but at the end of the day its the love and care you give to your child, not how old you both are :)
Amy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->