New here.....

omgwhat2do

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here and just found out last week I was pregnant. It's about 10 months before I would have liked it to happen, since I am suppose to be getting married in July 2009 and am now due June 2009, but I am treating it as a blessing and am quite happy.

I just had a few questions since this is a whole new adventure for me. First off, I am a very active person (I go to the gym about 5 times a week) and I was just wondering if this is still ok to do? My first appointment is for another 3 weeks, so I figured I would ask here. Second, how long did it take most of you to loose the weight after the baby came? I moved the wedding date to September 12, 2009 now and I would really like to get back into the dress I already have by then.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!

:wave:hello!!
congrats on your:bfp:, not sure about exercise m doctor told me to take it easy in the first 12 weeks but everyones different.

xx

Hiya

I also go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week and I have read in several places that you can carry on with any exercise that you already do (even running) but avoid abs stuff and be careful with weights.
As you get bigger swimming is recommended.

I do 40 mins of cardio a day now - bike, cross trainer and step machine.

Good luck and welcome!

Hx

Congrats.. i was going to say eat healthy and excrise.... but i think you may already do that lol!!

Welcome anyway to first tri xxxx

With my first I was a 6 day a week girl too and I continued it. Worked abs all the way through, but you have to change the way you work them in 2nd tri thats all. Weight wise I use to be a heavy lifter (heavy weight in reps of 4) only way I was advised to change was to do a weight I could lift 12 - 15 times so go for more endurance than strength building.

I honestly think the fact I kept it up it made my pregnancy WAY easier! I'm going to go for a run tomorrow as I want to be active with this one too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->