New job after maternity leave?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I was just wondering if any of you ladies plan on getting a new job before or after returning to your previous job after maternity leave? I love where I work but I really want to be at home with LO and so I was considering finding job where I work but can work into the evening or a weekend. My job I do I did work 37 hours over 5 days but I plan on going back 3 days a week and working 27-30 hours over the 3 days which is okay as I then get 4 days off with LO but we will have to leave her with hubbys dads fiancee (or my dad if my parents dont move away as planned) but we cant afford to give them much if anything money wise (we deffo cant afford childcare).

Anyone else changed jobs or plan on changing and how did you go about it? I know it is unlikely because of the job market and economy at the moment though!

xx

im planning on becoming a photographer so trying to use my mat leave to get myself going as it will be so much easier trying to work around poppy . But i had my back to work chat the other day and ive decieded not to go back as its really not worth it because ill be off again with baby number 2 5 weeks after i return and its alot of upheaval to try and work for those 5 weeks when it will cause so much hassle sorry probably not much help but thats my plan :thumbup:

Awww congrats on your pregnancy!!! I would so love to get pregnant again!!! :D We dont plan on having another LO for 3-4 years though. Couldnt afford to be off on maternity again. Lol. xx

i handed in my notice when i went on mat leave. i have applied to do masters in social work at uni in Sept!

Thats fab! So much I would love to do but just cant afford to not work :( So gutted. Did you still get maternity pay or MA?

xx

Could you afford £75 a week? If so, get an Aupair. Do some research- you can get girls who are newly child qualified, or ask for one with experience with age group of your LO. The only downside which could cause a problem aside from money, is that they will want their own room. Although many a happy with a small rooom with a bed, place to put their clothes and access to the internet.

They tend to work for 30 hours or so, although my Aupair was willing to do more, we paid her more as we are in London, and is obviously more expensive. Will add £10/20 a week to your shopping bill depending how fussy they are with eating.

Just a thought if you dont want to leave LO with family (not sure, its just you said you cant afford childcare.)

got my 39 weeks statutory pay so Will be officially unemployed from march!

We dont mind leaving her with family but would prefer me to be homelol. We only have a 2 bed house and will only have about 200 a mnth left which we will need to try give family member a bit for lookin after lo, ideally 50 as then will leave money for nappies etc xx

hi i used to work full time before having ds and i vowed never to make the same mistake i did with dd and go back to work full time and miss alot of her growing up.so i asked to step down as assistant manager and do part time but they refused to let me go so i told them to stick it there and then and have since become a support worker and work what i want when i want and the money is better. and i spend so much time with my children now, more so than ever and i love it so much

hi i used to work full time before having ds and i vowed never to make the same mistake i did with dd and go back to work full time and miss alot of her growing up.so i asked to step down as assistant manager and do part time but they refused to let me go so i told them to stick it there and then and have since become a support worker and work what i want when i want and the money is better. and i spend so much time with my children now, more so than ever and i love it so much

A support worker? Did you have previous experience in this? I am glad ny work are flexible as I need to work almost full time but doing over 3 days I can be at home 4 days a week. I just so wish I could take a couple of years out until she goes nursery. Wishing! Xx

I was due to go back to work in March, but my employer is flatly refusing any form of flexible working in my role. They're been completely unreasonable about it and insist only full-time will do. I am not going back full-time - no way am I paying the best part of £800 a month for someone else to have the privelage of brining up our child and we both just get to see him at weekends. I'm therefore looking for another job. It's all very stressful though. I'm daunted just at the prospect of going back to work after all this time, but to have to go back to somewhere completely new is 10 times worse. Plus there's all the hassle of potential tribunal action against my current employer and problems around my extra maternity pay :(

A support worker? Did you have previous experience in this? I am glad ny work are flexible as I need to work almost full time but doing over 3 days I can be at home 4 days a week. I just so wish I could take a couple of years out until she goes nursery. Wishing! Xx

None what so ever hun. I had been in retail for 10 years before I changed career and I wish I had done it sooner i absolutely love my job. I just sent my cv off online and within 20mins I had a called offering me the job and to start a 4 day training course the following week. I'm a support worker in domcilary care basically a carer for the elderly and I do anything for sitting having a chat and a cup of tea, to cooking meals, taking people shopping, general housework to administering medication and full personal care. It's so full filing. I work 4 evenings a week so about 20hrs and get over £250 a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->