New Job - How Long to Wait!

emma1985

WTT #2
Reaction score
Hello

Here is my dilemma, I stopped taking the pill in Oct 10 as we were going to try for another baby after a loss at 17 weeks in June 09 - but then in November I got a redundancy notice and left my job on Christmas Eve.

I start my new job next week and want to have some time to settle in but we are both desperate to get trying again.

We have a house and our morgage is paid off and our bills are low so the money is not an issue, but the job is only 4 hours a day and would fit in great with any future Children.

I was thinking about taking the rest of the pills I have (this month and next) and then come off the pill for a few months to try and get my body into some sort of routine. It is our 2nd Wedding Anniversary in May and I thought that would be a good time to start Not Trying, Not Preventing.

That way if I fell pregnant straight away I wouldnt have to tell them until August and if I didnt then I would have been there a good few months.

We have been together 7 years, I am 26 and my hubby is 45, so we dont want to wait forever as he isnt getting any younger.

What do you girls think you would do?

Emma

Go for it What will be, will be. I am a great believer in everything happens for a reason. Good luck.

I think the timings are perfect and something to look forward to! You'll be in the job at least 5 months before you start trying and if it happened straight away you'd be in the job at least a year before having to take maternity leave. To get SMP you need to be in your job before you fall pregnant (i think).

Good luck. I am hoping to start trying in April/May too!

X

I think your plan sounds like a good one as you will have still been working there for a couple of months so it shouldn't look bad on you. At the end of the day think about what is more important to you and if it is the baby then follow your heart :flower:

defo go for it hun , when reading your post i think u in a good position to start ttc . like they said it may not happen for couple of month then another 8 month before maternitiy need taken , besides , you say your morgage is paid off , ur so lucky iv just started all over again with new house and a massive morgage and bills , .

go for it hun , a job that if you return to it would fit in with babies , xxx

I would say go for it! we had been trying for our baby for almost a year and we finally fell pregnant just as i started a new job!! They were so nice about it, and fussed over me! As i hadn't been there long enough to get SMP i still got MA :thumbup:

I think your plan sounds like a good one as you will have still been working there for a couple of months so it shouldn't look bad on you. At the end of the day think about what is more important to you and if it is the baby then follow your heart :flower:

WSS :thumbup::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->