New Job & TTC

MrsMomma

Reaction score
My son is twenty months old and we were going to start trying in April 2015 for our next baby. I started a new job last Monday and so far it's perfect. The only issue is, an April conception would put my due date in January which is the beginning of the busy season (January-April....tax season). I'd then be off for most of the busy season, which isn't doable. So we either need to wait OR start trying now. Waiting just isn't what we want, so we've started trying this month... Now it's possible I end up pregnant a month after starting a new job! I am not willing to wait but I am freaking out about telling my employer.

Has anyone ever been through this? How did it work out? My company was voted one of the top 100 companies for working mother's so I'm semi hopeful, but still anxious and scared. Any insight would be great. :)

I was pregnant when I started my job and my employer was ok with it. I'm in high demand though. If they need you enough it shouldn't be a problem. And it's ullegal for them to fire you or anything so don't worry about it! It's your life. You shouldn't have to put your family plans on hold because you're worried what they might think!!

I have just got a new job to start in February and found out a few days ago that i'm pregnant. I'm going to wait to let them know because I'm scared of another mc, and scared i'll end up without a job or a baby. If I end up losing the job eventually, it's ok, i'd rather have the baby.

In the US to qualify for FMLA you have to be working full time for a year (I think). So you may want to take that into consideration when starting TTC.

Yes, I don't qualify for FMLA until I've been on the job for 12 months. However, I get short term/long term disability at 6 months. I'm aware I'll have to pay for our health insurance but I'm hoping my job will be okay... They were voted one of the top 100 places for working mom's to work. I'm hopeful....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->