New Mummies gift ideas

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by gills8752, Dec 23, 2009.

1. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

Hiya New Mummies!

I'm looking to get a small gift for a new friend who has just had her baby girl last week. I'm not really sure what I'd like to get her as I'd like something a new mummy would really appreciate and not just another cute outfit or booties. I'd like to buy something for her and not the baby.

Is there anything you new mummies were bought or thought you could really do with or like in the first few weeks? I did think about some nice bath oil but then she wouldn't really have time for that just now.

Anyone got any good ideas? I'm away to see her tomorrow afternoon and would like to take something.

Many Thanks!

2. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Maybe she would have time for a nice bath at some point? The bath stuff might be good.
    My mum bought me some very posh moisturiser after I had LO, so my skin still looked good even with no sleep! Also YSL Touche Eclat is a good one for new mums for the same reason.
    Or some nice food?

3. polaris

polaris Mother of two

I think the moisturizer is a really good idea, my skin is in bits at the moment, very dry and tired looking.

I would have appreciated a lovely cosy dressing gown and slippers for those night-time wakings - I had a new dressing gown for the hospital but it's nowhere near warm enough for home!

I was also given some gorgeous shower oil from L'Occitane, it makes me feel like I am pampering myself even when I'm just having a quick shower. I have only managed to have one bath since LO was born so I thought the shower oil was a good choice.

4. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

The best present somebody bought me was a big box of homemade brownies ALL for me. Don't know whether it's true but the MW told me that chocolate is good for breastmilk production so I was able to tell myself it was the best thing to eat for my baby!

5. amie-leigh

amie-leigh Mummy To Princess Morgan

best pressies i got were a big cosy dressing gown and big box of thorntons chocolates they were the only ME gifts that werent alcoholic

asda have dressing gowns for £12 just now and they are so soft and cosy
    x

6. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

My fave gifts to get now that I'm a mama:

Face care kit.. my friend got me a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and 2 night lotions in a set w/ a headband to pull my hair back,

Face masks,

Dressing gown/bath robe,

Slippers,

Pajamas,

Yoga pants or some sort of comfy athletic pants that look decent enough to run to the grocery store but are cozy enough for the house :)

7. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

8. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

No one bought me anything haha. Unless you count the bangle my OH gave me and some random bunches of flowers.
    We were in hospital 6wks so people took home baking etc etc.

Been honest i would say some yummy home made food as time to cook with a new baby can be limited.
    YSL Touche is a brilliant idea as its the best for covering under eye bags

9. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

Perfect Thanks girlies! I bought some lovely bubble bath last night and I'll make some tasty scones or something today I think to take over. XX