New, nervous,excited,scared and overwhelmed!

Thanks Mrs N

Are basal thermometers expensive? Widely available?

Is there a best time of day to take temps and OPK strips etc?

Welcome!

You should take your temp the instant you wake up, even before getting out of bed or even moving! No talking, no stretching, no quick trips to the bathroom .. none whatsoever. BBT is the body temp at rest. Try not to lie in bed for too long before taking your temp as that might mess your true temp. Taking your BBT requires plenty of self discipline. You can chart your daily temp on www.fertilityfriend.com. This is the charting software that most of us ladies use. You can opt for the basic free membership for starters. You should expect low temps from your period till the eve of ovulation day; after ovulation, your temp will increase noticeably which will confirm you've ovulated. Do note that there can be many other factors that will cause you false spikes in your temp, so you really need to know how to distinguish false alarms from the true ovulation spike.

As for OPKs, it's advised to test from 2-5pm, and then 8-10pm. Testing twice would increase your chances of catching your LH surge, as your LH can last as short as 10 hours. Do not use first-morning urine to test as this would give you a false positive.

Hope this helps! And enjoy baby-making!

Thanks Berrukins... great information and will help a lot...

For fear of sounding even more naive.... where do you take your BBT from? Is it oral or somewhere else entirely? :fool:

Patiently awaiting for everything to arrive!

Just after some advice really....

This morning when I woke up, I felt what I can only describe as "popping" on my left side about 2 inches above my hips.....

A sign of anything?

I also had a large (well by my standards) amount of CM this morning when I used to loo, was pretty wet and creamy?

A sign of anything?

I've put those findings into fertilityfriend and it has given me a green light of fertile, but that doesnt match up with my other dates..... as my predicted fertile/ovulation date would have been last week....

God this stuff is confusing!? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->