New, NTNP, Hopeful, and Need Advice :)

itsmskmarie

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum--and BabyandBump website--and I'm happy to see that there is a Not Trying, Not Preventing forum. I didn't think such a thing existed. I am 28 and don't have any kids. My boyfriend and I have discussed the topic back in May this year, and I got my Nexplanon removed on July 5th, so the NTNP game is on. :happydance:

I need some advice (or maybe just some thoughts) on my current situation. When I had my Nexplanon removed, I was just starting my period, which lasted its usual 7 days. Before and during BC, I've always had a 30 day cycle. However, I've yet to see AF this month. I got cramps, tender breasts, and the lot just like I would when AF is arriving, but it never happened. I took several HPTs, including FRER, and all tested negative. Saw a doctor on Friday (8/17) for a blood test, and was given a :BFN: result today. Following up with a OBGYN next Monday to get things checked out, but wanted to discuss possible explanations for this odd cycle. :confused:

Since I'm NTNP, I'm not tracking anything besides the expected days of AF, so there is a possibility I may not have ovulated this month. There is also a possibility that the removal of Nexplanon shook things up. On the rare but not impossible side, I've read of people testing BFNs on both urine and blood tests, but seeing otherwise on an ultrasound. I've also read about ectopic pregnancies and other scary things. :shock:

I know I'll be getting more accurate info from the OBGYN, but it'd be interesting to compare what's been discussed here and what it actually turns out to be.

Also, I need friends. :sadangel: :lol:

I’d say it takes a few cycles after stopping BC to regulate again, I would just give it some time :) good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->