New SMA formula - anyone noticed a difference in babies poops?

Nessicle

Reaction score
They claimed the new formula would help make baby's poops looser but I havent noticed a difference. She's still mega constipated. I'm thinking about switching to Aptamil cos its the same price now anyway :wacko:

No difference, my LO poops everyday on SMA sometimes even twice and has done since he's been on it.. and still no change.
Just be careful changing over but if it makes your LO less constipated go for it! :thumbup:

I've not got any of the new formula yet, still got 4 tins of the old left - I buy 4 weeks worth at a time lol.

how do you know if youve got the new one or not? lol
i just got all this delivered last night
https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251450_10150642012950433_762345432_18991749_5829764_n.jpg :D

Nessicle how long has Ava been on the new formula? It might take a while to start working it's way through. When Fran was first born she was constipated at 2 days old and her poo was quite hard for a while. It took a few weeks for her tummy to get used to the formula and eventually her poo got softer and softer.

It's been the same since we started on hungry baby for some of her feeds - she didn't poo for a couple of days at one point and it was very hard when it came out but it's starting to get back to normal again now xx

WoW where did you get all that milk from? hahahaha!!

And I think you can tell if it's a new tin as its slightly different in design. Dont quote me though. I buy 4weeks worth at a time too same as bigbetty so not sure I have had a new batch yet!

xx

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/251450_10150642012950433_762345432_18991749_5829764_n.jpg :D
Wow did ya get a discount for buying that much? X

wowzers lady!! Is that the readymade stuff? I dont think they've brought the new readymade out yet, just the powder. It says "new formula" on it so you wont miss it if you see it :flower:

Nessicle how long has Ava been on the new formula? It might take a while to start working it's way through. When Fran was first born she was constipated at 2 days old and her poo was quite hard for a while. It took a few weeks for her tummy to get used to the formula and eventually her poo got softer and softer.

It's been the same since we started on hungry baby for some of her feeds - she didn't poo for a couple of days at one point and it was very hard when it came out but it's starting to get back to normal again now xx

thanks hun - well she's been on SMA since she was about 13 week old and shes 22 weeks now. The new formula she's been on just coming up to 2 weeks hopefully it'll start getting softer. She's on 3 meals a day too so its hard to tell if its food or if its the formula causing constipation but she's having tons of fruit so it should be making her poo explode - if I was eating that much fruit I'd be pooing through the eye of a needle :rofl: xx

wowzers lady!! Is that the readymade stuff? I dont think they've brought the new readymade out yet, just the powder. It says "new formula" on it so you wont miss it if you see it :flower:

thanks hun - well she's been on SMA since she was about 13 week old and shes 22 weeks now. The new formula she's been on just coming up to 2 weeks hopefully it'll start getting softer. She's on 3 meals a day too so its hard to tell if its food or if its the formula causing constipation but she's having tons of fruit so it should be making her poo explode - if I was eating that much fruit I'd be pooing through the eye of a needle :rofl: xx

:haha: me too lol! Fran had already poo'd this morning when I went to change her nappy after she woke up - the carrot she has been having for tea must be working it's magic lol! It took me by surprise though because you can normally smell it a mile off but I didn't know it was there until I took her nappy off lol!

the food poos are so potent arent they lol :sick: xx

lol i saw that ocado hadnt increased their prices and i had £15 vouchers for john lewis so thought id use them ha
ocado and asda seem to be the only places that do the multipacks :(
got 108 cartons worth for £40 in the end wit my vouchers, no discount though :(

Llodys pharmacy online still have tins at £7.69. I have bulk bought some - i hope it arrives soon otherwise I will have to buy one at £8.99

I'm on the new formula and cant go back to the old one - its better to from old to new than new back to old to back to new again xx

I've noticed the new sma formula makes littens stools green and softer I think it depends on the baby.

I started on sma but Lucie got so constipated so changed to aptimal and so far so good x

my baby is 9 month old, and she has been on sma since she has been born, i moved her onto the red tin for weining, on the old formliar she seemed to be ok but with the new 1 iv noticed that it has a viniger smell when its been in the bottle bout an hour, also iv noticed that when its been stood for a while it gets a form on the top, and turns to a yellow mist, has any one noticed this?

my baby is 9 month old, and she has been on sma since she has been born, i moved her onto the red tin for weining, on the old formular she seemed to be ok but with the new 1 iv noticed that it has a viniger smell when its been in the bottle bout an hour, also iv noticed that when its been stood for a while it gets a form on the top, and turns to a yellow mist, has any one noticed this?

My daughter is really consitipated on SMA I dont know if i should change to Aptimal or not, part of me does not want to mess with her but her poo is so hard and she is straining like a "geezer" to get it out!! :( She is on the "new" formula so for her it really hasn't worked.

i have noticed that my daughters poo's are green, it must be the new formular, i have rang the sma place up they said they have had no complaints yet about it i dont believe it, they said they are going to send some more but iv gone off having it for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->