New step hopefully in the right direction

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
Long story short, I've been LTTTC baby#2 for just over 4 years. Have had on and off treatment due to insurance/cost of treatments.

I switched to a new gyn over the summer and she diagnosed me with PCOS and started me on 2000mg/day of Metformin. The medicine sucks, to say it nicely. :thumbup:

But I'm sticking it out because it seems to be making a difference. I had started spotting mid cycle about 7 months ago and was having long periods. Gradually over the last 4 months on Metformin my cycles have gotten shorter and this past cycle I had no spotting at all. :happydance:

I went to see her for a check in on the meds and everything yesterday and she said we could continue to see how I do with the Met for a couple more months or we could go on to ovulation stimulation. She gave me a choice between Clomid (which I took for one cycle 3 years ago and didn't respond) or letrozole.

I chose letrozole because I was supposed to start on that 3 years ago but the doctor flaked out on me. Since then I've lost 65 lbs so I'm hoping that combined with the metformin will be a good thing.

I'm on CD 3 today and I start the letrozole on CD 5. I'm so nervous. And excited for something new. But after this long, I'm more scared of getting my hopes up for nothing. Nothing seems to be working. This is pretty much my last ditch efforts. I'm 36 now and there's only so much more and so much longer I can continue trying.

Asking for baby dust, prayers, good thoughts, anything you can give me over the next few cycles. :blush:

First Femara pill taken this morning! Wee, here we go. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->