New thread for recent losses TTC before the would have been due date...join me! :) xx

CD1 today! :happydance: ... Here is to hoping the provera did it's trick and I am back on normal schedule!!!

Hi ladies would you mind if i join you?

I had a mmc @ 9 wks with a scan showing 5 wk blighted ovum.i had a medically managed mc the following wk at the start of nov.got my first af today-was really hoping for a xmas miracle but wasnt to be.

Have dodgy ov and had been using opk however the month i got pg nothing showed on them!!am thinking of investing in the cb fert monitor.does any one else use it.like the idea of smiley faces rather than working out how light/dark a line is.

Hi nessaw, welcome to the thread, the more the merrier!
Sorry for your loss, good luck with finding your rainbow!

Last cycle was my first BFP and the first month I never got a positive on OPKs too! Do you mean the Clearblue fertility monitor or the Clearblue digital OPKs? I got a box of the digital OPKs with the smiley faces and they are so much easier but of course expensive! I just bought a box of 20 and just use them to confirm any potential cheap tests that look like they might be positive. The box of 20 has lasted me over 6 months so far as I just stock up on the cheap tests for most of my cycle and have only needed to use the smileys a few times.

Is anyone still waiting for for the their first AF after their M/C? Mine still has no sign of showing up any time soon. :(

I was going to but then I thought I was starting to ovulate because had some CM going on for a couple days and that's usually how I know I'm close to that point. Didn't want to miss out on a good opportunity, so me and the bf were trying all weekend.

Unfortunately though, I guess I was completely wrong as today it seems like it's gone down to nothing now. I was expecting to have a lot more CM and be my OV day either today or tomorrow. So looking like the M/C has made my cycle all whacky. Definitely bummed me out to say the least.

I know exactly what you mean, I had CM about 2 weeks after my MC but it only lasted for 2 days, thought that must've meant I'd ovulated soon after but then I've had more CM since, again for only a couple of days and now I'm mega confused. I just want AF to get here now so I have some idea of what's going on!

Yeah I would love to know what's going on right now also. I have my follow up appointment tomorrow, so I'm hoping the dr can give me some more insight into if I am moving along, but I doubt she'll be able too.

Figure that I'm just going to keep BDing until I either get a BFP or my AF. One of them has to happen at some point so we'll just see which one I get!

Hey bubble.have just investigated and have plumped for the fert monitor.i used cheap opks which didnt always show ov.and what with my cd21 showing no iv but my pg showing some i think i'll go down that route.didnt realise the smileys were only on the digi opks.have just ordered the monitor and it should be here before xmas.presume i can start it with the next af-if there is one! Have got some cheap opks to use this month and think i'll just enjoy the xmas merriment and spontaneous bding.we are also at in laws for 3 days post xmas which cd affect fertlie days poss.x

Welcome, nessaw! I hope you sort everything out with your OPKs and enjoy your holidays!

AFM - less than a week until I get to start TTC again! I don't think I'll have a chance before AF shows up. I'm pretty sure I ov'd about a week ago already but doesn't matter. The condoms are coming off! (tmi...but what on this board isn't tmi?)

Hi Megan, I'm good thanks how are you? Feel like I've been waiting forever to O, CD17 and temp still a bit up and down, no fertile signs!

YAY! - AF finally arrived today (never thought I'd be so happy to say that).

I finally have EWCM today, so excited! But my DH is away at the moment so not sure when I'll get to BD!

Feeling really blah. Yesterday found out an old childhood friend has passed away. Wasn't close anymore but still am in touch with the family. And then found out another colleague passed away as well so a depressing day. I've been really depressed and felt obsessed with death lately so this string of bad news in a single day has left me really down. I'm not in the mood to BD at ALL and DH's touches feel so unwelcome. Not a good thing when I hope to start TTC in two days. :(

Really sorry to hear your sad news chick. I find it really difficult to deal with death too, I think it's because I've lost so many people now who've gone far too soon, a lot in terrible accidents. It seems rare in my family for people to just get old. Hope you start to feel better soon :(

Hi all sorry for your losses. I had my mc on 11/10/12 at 11 weeks 5 days. It was my first pregnancy. Took me 6 months to conceive I was so hurt. My due date was 5/26/13 so I wanna be pregnant before than so I won't feel so terrible

OH told me last night that this is stressing me out too much and that if this is not our month he wants me to stop temping and charting and "peeing on things." Mind you, he will be out of town for most of my fertile window this month, so we are probably already out. At the start of all of this I didn't even want anymore babies and he was the one that talked me into it. I was so upset I turned my alarm off last night and didn't even take my temp this morning. :cry::shrug:

You don't want to forget your relationship during your TTC journey either and it can be a stressor for the man too. Your OH probably doesn't like to see you hurting and to feel so helpless about it.

Personally, I don't temp or use OPKs for that very reason--too stressful! If your OH is going to be gone anyways why don't you try a month without temping. By the end of the month you'll know if it is helpful or making you more anxious (always wondering where in your cycle you are).

You don't want to forget your relationship during your TTC journey either and it can be a stressor for the man too. Your OH probably doesn't like to see you hurting and to feel so helpless about it.

Personally, I don't temp or use OPKs for that very reason--too stressful! If your OH is going to be gone anyways why don't you try a month without temping. By the end of the month you'll know if it is helpful or making you more anxious (always wondering where in your cycle you are).

Forgetting our relationship is not something that is even a possibility at this point. My world revolves around him and he knows that. He could be feeling helpless about the whole thing, I suppose. When we discussed it, he kept bringing up how upset I was about the baby we lost. :dohh: There is very little that can be done about that, in my mind and my heart, except trying again and being 37, the clock is ticking. I have had many losses. If I can't be upset when things don't go well we are in for a very bumpy ride if we keep trying at all. He doesn't understand the hole this loss left me with. I bagged up all the "stuff" (preseed, softcups that I jut bought, OPKs, thermometer, etc) and threw them in the top of the closet. He told me that I could use "that app on your phone" but that seems pretty pointless if I am not temping or using OPKs, since that was all I was putting in there. It also is not helping my mood that I am working tonight and he is leaving in the morning and things are just getting left this way. I just don't know at this point and think we might just take the NTNP route.

Yay! First positive OPKs since my loss, looks like it might be O time a lot sooner than I thought! Not feeling hopeful already for a BFP though as DH has been working away so we only just got a BD in tonight.

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/FDBCBF51-C49B-422B-A286-94AC8968062B-7516-000008E6951DDC56.jpg

Hi Everyone,

firstly, have to say: completely new to posting and the lingo and the 'rules' and everything - but have been reading silently over last few weeks and only now feel like I'm ready to join in. Though notice the eyes getting wet as I say that, so perhaps not as ready as I thought.

I had D&C four weeks ago yesterday. In some ways, still feeling like I had my baby taken away then, but know in my head that there was no baby there. I had a positive test back in September - we'd been trying for about six months. Anyway, I remember feeling tired for the first two days, but after that I started to feel very 'normal'. And it worried me. I spent as much time looking up about people who had their dating scans only to find out that their baby wasn't developing as I did trying to find out where my baby should be developmentally. It was like I knew before I knew, if you know what I mean.

Skip to our dating scan - on Halloween, of all dates - I wasn't supposed to have a scan, just a consultant check-up, so had gone in without DH. Scan was booked in for next day. While I was there, nurse decided they might as well scan me there. I phoned my hubbie, who proceeded to speed up motorway to get there asap. As I wasn't prepared, bladder wasn't full and they couldn't see anything when they called me in, so sent me out to drink water and come back. Hubbie landed by time I was called in again. They said that they could find sac, but no baby, or at least nothing measuring to our dates. My response was to say that I had know this all along, which, in truth and in my heard, I did.

Anyway, a few weeks of messing about followed - they wanted to prove, understandably, that m/c was occurring, but Bean decided to complicate things - or stay with his Mammy a little longer - by growing between scans, but poor baba couldn't get heartbeat going.

Anyway, ERPC was scheduled. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. Have to comment on hospital we went to - porter was FABULOUS, had no idea why we were there but treated us with such kindness - nurses on ward were amazing, and theater nurse held my hand, squeezing me to let me know she was there as they put me to sleep.

sorry - know this group isn't about procedure, but feel like I've started something huge now......

anyway, procedure over on 21st November - bleeding lasted three days, then moved to (TMI warning!!!!) blood-tinged mucus which lasted for about a week, nothing too bad. After that, no signs that anything had happened. Think I had EWCM about 10 days ago. Got negative pregnancy test just over one week ago.

I thought AF started a couple of days ago (I'm now four weeks post ERPC), but - while red - really it seemed more like more blood-tinged mucus, and now has tapered off again to nothing. I'm getting twinges internally, but no sign of anything more happening.

Let me say: I want to be pregnant again ASAP!!! I spent years saying that I didn't care if I never had children. My goodness, now I know how deluded I was..............
My sister is due her second baby in a few weeks. I LOVE her son, my nephew, more than anything. Horribly, I feel jealous of her now. At a work Christmas night out last night my pregnant work colleague - who knows about what has just happened for me - was talking about how she hates the way people send Congratulations cards in the first four months of pregnancy, because really it's awful --- I wanted to push her face into her food!!!

OK, rant over --

basically, I hope I'm in right place. I am trying to conceive after a loss. The loss is still huge and really present. And I can't conceive right now because my body is all over the place.

But I thought this was somewhere to start out with people who understand and are in the same place right now.

Sorry if this is not an appropriate post.

I wish none of us were here,

B xxxx

And to clarify - reading back over my post with paraniod head - when I say I wish none of us were here, I mean that none of us were Trying to Conceive after a Loss, the Loss part being the bit I wish to avoid..................................

Hi boodley,

So sorry for your loss. It does sound like you're not quite ready for TTC again just yet, which is totally understandable. I can't begin to imagine how awful it must be to get to your scan and find that your little one has gone, I feel fortunate that if I had to have a loss it happened early, but like you I also had a feeling it would and had happened before it actually did. I hope neither of us have to go through another loss and get our rainbow babies very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->