New to advanced OPK

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with some sort of advanced OPK. I'm curious to know what you choose and why. Also since the store bought ones only come with 7 sticks I'm also curious to know when did you start testing? Ladies please help out a confused person. Any responses are very greatly appreciated.

I did a lot of internet cheapies as those allowed me to test 3 times a day of i wanted (i was really worried about missing my positive).

I bought the clear blue digital advance opk. I got mine of Amazon as they were so much cheaper than at the store. Because my cycles were longer and irregular, i got the 20 pack (2 month supply, which was actually still cheaper than the 10 at the local stores).

The inserts tell you when you should start testing based on your cycle length.

I stated way too early, but i was also trying soy isoflavones that month to see if it'd move up my O date (previous cycle was somewhere between cd 38-42). I ended up Oing on cd 26 the filing cycle - our was still way too early to be testing and wnt through a lot of opks.

I liked the IC a lot since they were cheap. I really liked the CB advanced digital opk to confirm.

Three CB advanced digital you do with fmu to start. You sound start with an empty circle, progressing to a flashing smilie (high), and then finally a solid/ static smilie (peak - which stays on the reusable digital stick for 48 hours).

Typically you should get 1 or 2 empty circles. A day or two of flashing. Then finally the peak smilie. However, this can be off if you start testing at the wrong time.

Because i used them too early in my cycle, i had about 14 or so flashing smilies. A lot of people complain about it (it is annoying), but it truly depends on your body / hormones and when you start testing.

If we ttc again, I'd use IC and CB again (but hopefully my cycles will make more sense and i with use a ton of them).

Thank you so much for replying..i was about to give up hope on what I thought was a simple question. I've been using IC but the lines can be confusing to me because what I think may be a pos might actually be a neg. I think digital or digital advance might help. Thanks again for your response. You've been very helpful.

Get on Ebay and buy just the sticks, its much cheaper! You can use the Digi OPK purple sticks OR the CBEFertilityMonitor sticks. Both will work for the Adv OPK.

I O around cd16-21 so i start on CD13ish. i test til +. You CAN O on just HIGH, you dont not have to get a peak. ( the instructions also state this). It is also normal to see a lot of Highs before a peak ( if you get one).

There is also a Pink CB digi OPK that is only yes or No. Not High, peak, etc. It works the same as IC but digi. I have used that and Targets digi.

Get on Ebay and buy just the sticks, its much cheaper! You can use the Digi OPK purple sticks OR the CBEFertilityMonitor sticks. Both will work for the Adv OPK.

I O around cd16-21 so i start on CD13ish. i test til +. You CAN O on just HIGH, you dont not have to get a peak. ( the instructions also state this). It is also normal to see a lot of Highs before a peak ( if you get one).

There is also a Pink CB digi OPK that is only yes or No. Not High, peak, etc. It works the same as IC but digi. I have used that and Targets digi.
Thank you so much for the reply. A persons opinion really helps.

Oooh so it's possible to never get a peak, just a high, and still ovulate?

Oooh so it's possible to never get a peak, just a high, and still ovulate?

Yes, the instructions also say that.

With my last BFP. i never got a peak, only High- ovulated and got BFP.

I just bought my first pack this month to figure out if I was ovulating after my mmc. I bought the clear blue advanced with the smiley faces. There were 10 sticks in kit and it looks like when they are gone I can just buy refill sticks. I haven't used them long enough to recommend one way or another, but I did get 10 sticks, which was nice.

i used these but found them hard to understand, ended up ditching them and getting just the smiley face ones, i liked those better and the internet cheapies.

Good luck!

i used these but found them hard to understand, ended up ditching them and getting just the smiley face ones, i liked those better and the internet cheapies.

Good luck!

Low means no estrogen or LH
High means increased estrogen and LH
PEAK peans peak estrogen and LH

( in so many words, its not exact).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member