New to all this

Sullivan13

Reaction score
Hello! Joined this site this morning, I'm 25 and after being with my other half 9 years we got married 6 months ago on the hottest day of the year for 7 years!
Anyway, we are going on our honeymoon in June this year & when we come back want to start trying. We are going on a cruise for 14 nights around the med and I plan to finish using my last pack of contraceptive pill shortly after!
After speaking to a friend who used used vitamin supplements along with her other half to increase conception was thinking of giving them ago! It says on them they take approx 6 months to work like any other vitamins but it doesn't say anything on them about using them while on the contraceptive pill, sounds a bit silly to use them while I'm in the pill but as they take a few months to work wondering if they would effect the pill or will the pill cancel the vitamin out so pointless taking it?
Really sorry for such a long post!
Hope you can help :flower:

What vitamin supplement is it? If you're going to be TTC, it is recommended that you begin taking prenatal vitamins before you start TTC. I would take those at least, it can't hurt, and I don't think BC interferes with vitamins because I take a multi-vitamin and my doctor told me to also start taking vitamin D and I'm on BC right now.

wow 6 months does it really say that?
its fine to take vitamins with your pill!

Yes I was shocked at the. Taking 6 months to work too!
She said about pregnacare conception.

She was never on birth control so she isn't aware if it effects the pill.

They don't take 6 months to work, it's because how sperm develops and matures what your OH eats now will affect the sperm he ejeculates in 3 months time. It doesent increase your chances of conception, it just gives you the vitamins you need to be at optimum health. The only one you really need to take is folic acid at least 3 months before you TTC to help reduce conditions like spinabiffida, if you eat a healthy diet the rest are not always needed. Stoping smoking, cutting down on alcohol and loosing any excess weight will aid conception better than a multivitamin.

They are safe to take with the pill, the only things that aren't are antibiotics and st johns wort.

Thanks all for the info!! Just think I might start taking folic acid then for now! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->