New to Baby and Bump

Mommy2Rosie

Reaction score
Here is my introductory post :

Hi there! My name is Audrianna. I used to be part of another TTC forum that has since all but dried up, so I thought I'd give B&B a try. 😊 I currently am a single mom and have a 17 month old daughter - Rosie. I am TTC again. I went go fully into details for privacy issues, but I will be conceiving using a donor.

I have PCOS with incredibly unpredictable cycles. For the almost two years that I tried to conceive my daughter, I only ovulated twice. Both times were the last two cycles before I got pregnant, the second time was when I conceived my daughter. At the time I was on metformin and was down 25 lbs from where I am now - I'm one of the lucky PCOSers that has trouble losing weight and I'm still trying to lose baby weight. I'm trying to avoid metformin because it made me extremely sick - I've never gotten my doctors to give me clomid or the like - but I will go back on met if I have to.

And I'm really sorry that that was a novel! Lol I hope I can fit in here. I used to be very involved at the last forum!

So yeah. There it is. I'm currently CD 26. I had a positive OPK on CD 24, but I'm pretty sure it was a fluke. Gotta love that PCOS! The cycle I conceived my daughter, I had one positive OPK, then a week of nothing, then three days of positive OPKs and I actually ovulated. So I'm hoping that happens this time as well! I hope to get to know you all, and baby dust to all!

Hello! Welcome!

I also have PCOS and I can ovulate anywhere from CD19 to 45 when on Met alone. It also makes me incredibly sick. The nausea goes away after a while but I still run to the bathroom every hour practically. My docs have taken me off of it and out me back on several time which has just been lovely. Because I have to work my way up to taking the full amount again and I have to go through being sick all over again.

Have you tried seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist yet? Instead of a OBGYN? I have a feeling you haven't since almost all REs will prescribe ovulation medication for their patients who don't ovulate. I am on femara and I do ovulate, just not very regularly so that's why they prescribed it for me so that I could time intercourse properly. So, my major suggestion is to get in with a RE in your area. They're #1 priority is to get you pregnant!

GL! and Welcome. How are your opks looking today? do you temp?

Thanks girls!

Bee Bee - No, I have not seen a RE yet. For one, my insurance wouldn't cover anything (I believe - I'm on a different insurance than when I was TTC my daughter and I'm still looking into it, but so far it appears that they cover nothing fertility wise beyond an OBGYN). Two, I never got any before because I couldn't convince my doctors I needed it. After a year of TTC, I suddenly stay spotting and then bleeding very heavily. I thought I'd finally gotten my period, but I never stopped bleeding. After a couple of weeks of this bleeding, I went to a new OBGYN, where they put me on birth control for three months and added the metformin. They told me they WOULD give me clomid if I still had issues after that, but then I ovulated when I came off the BC (my two cycles after that were the two I ovulated and both were relatively short for me - 1st was 45 days long, 2nd one I O'd on cycle day 45 and conceived). I HAD made am appointment to go back on met, but I cancelled it because I wanted to see how my body would respond to coming off BC first (I went on it 8 months after giving birth because I was not BFing anymore and had still not had a period). I actually suffered side effects of the met well into my pregnancy, and even now have them on occasion (which sounds weird, but met gave me very specific issues that I've never had before). My plan is to make an appointment if I do not ovulate within 60 days, because when I have ovulated, it's been well before that and I think I convince doctors with my history to give me clomid.

And that was really long! Hope you like reading novels... Apparently I'm feeling chatty.

GL! and Welcome. How are your opks looking today? do you temp?

I took one with FMU, which I don't usually do, and it was somewhat dark. I usually take them late morning and late afternoon, so I'll update again later. 😊

I do temp. In just a bit I'll post my chart so you can see the craziness that is my cycles. Lol

I love chatty. :hugs: I hope you don't have to make that appointment!

Thanks girls!

Bee Bee - No, I have not seen a RE yet. For one, my insurance wouldn't cover anything (I believe - I'm on a different insurance than when I was TTC my daughter and I'm still looking into it, but so far it appears that they cover nothing fertility wise beyond an OBGYN). Two, I never got any before because I couldn't convince my doctors I needed it. After a year of TTC, I suddenly stay spotting and then bleeding very heavily. I thought I'd finally gotten my period, but I never stopped bleeding. After a couple of weeks of this bleeding, I went to a new OBGYN, where they put me on birth control for three months and added the metformin. They told me they WOULD give me clomid if I still had issues after that, but then I ovulated when I came off the BC (my two cycles after that were the two I ovulated and both were relatively short for me - 1st was 45 days long, 2nd one I O'd on cycle day 45 and conceived). I HAD made am appointment to go back on met, but I cancelled it because I wanted to see how my body would respond to coming off BC first (I went on it 8 months after giving birth because I was not BFing anymore and had still not had a period). I actually suffered side effects of the met well into my pregnancy, and even now have them on occasion (which sounds weird, but met gave me very specific issues that I've never had before). My plan is to make an appointment if I do not ovulate within 60 days, because when I have ovulated, it's been well before that and I think I convince doctors with my history to give me clomid.

And that was really long! Hope you like reading novels... Apparently I'm feeling chatty.

Yeah, I would definitely look into it! My insurance doesn't cover any infertility stuff either but I can see whatever doctor that is in my network. They also cover tests (like blood or ultrasound) but they do not cover procedures like a D&C or a HSG and definitely not IUI or IVF. But I would definitely try to see one if you can! Their priority is getting you pregnant, while OBGYNs will mostly try to put you on BC to fix issues (which is not what someone who is TTC wants to do, obviously)

Bee Bee - I definitely agree with you there! I've looked for one recently, so I'll probably contact one to make an appointment once I feel it isn't going to happen on its own. 😊

I got another + OPK today. I forgot my darn tests at home, so I only took one this afternoon. I generally only consider them "true" positives if I get more than one in a row. So now I won't be able to help it and I'll test later again tonight. :thumbup:

My chart can be seen here : www.fertilityfriend.com/home/audrianna

As suspected... I had a negative test this evening. I usually get a few days of positives in a row before I ovulate. I guess we saw shall see what the temp does...

Actually, if you look at my last cycle i charted, it's sorta kinda following a similar pattern - OPK and temp wise. Though I might just be crazy! Lol

Just did an OPK with FMU and it was positive. *headdesk* If nothing else my body really is trying! Lol

I'll be interested to see my test in a few hours. If it's not positive I'll assume that my FMU tests are just picking up more LH because it's more concentrated...

Good ol PCOS! Causing a million +OPKs @___@

Hey.... at least PCOSers get to see some sort of positive test a lot! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"