New to NTNP too!

Tammy77

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

Back story:

DH and I had a little slip up last month RIGHT before I ovulated (I was temping, first cycle off of bcp in preparation to TTC in a few months). When AF came, both of us were sad about it. Within 5 minutes of me telling him I'd started, he suggested that we NTNP. I said yes as soon as I realized he was serious!

Anyhow, in this whole exchange he asked to just take a step back completely and let nature take it's course - which I love the idea of BUT I have crazy cycles still so I'm not sure if/when I'm going to ovulate, which means I won't have a real clue as to when AF is due. :wacko:

So how do you guys deal with it? I mean I KNOW that I'm going to keep an eye on CM, but that doesn't guarantee that ovulation has actually happened so I can time my periods. I think I might just randomly take my for a few days in a row once I hit CD14-16, then again around CD 24-25, maybe? Ugh I don't know! I'm open to any suggestions with how you cope, etc.! :thumbup:

hi, welcome! i would do some opks round the times you think you may ovulate, and like you said u can look at cm as well, it is confusing i agree, im waiting for my first af after the pill and have a faint line today on my opk soim hopeful, are you writing down when u have cycles and count the days?

Hi!

I'm not taking my temp but I am keeping track of my CM/AF info on fertilityfriend still so I have my CD numbers at least. The problem is that my first cycle off of Yaz I ovulated late (CD27) and AF came at 10DPO, so I had a 37 day cycle. I suppose I can probably just expect to have at most a 40 day cycle, but I *hate* being in the dark! I do have some OPKs but I think that's almost worse than temping if we're NTNP since it predicts (and therefore we would KNOW that we were bd'ing during fertile time for sure) vs just confirming after the fact like temping. :blush: I might have to talk to DH about this! :haha:

i don't think temping should be a prob for ntnp. i temp and i'm ntnp it doesn't tell me when i'm going to ovulate, i only know 3 days after ovulation. i just like to temp to know whats going on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->