• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

New to temping! Advice?

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
So I have my BBT thermometer. I am taking my temp every morning (I started when AF started) before I get up. I am using Fertility Friend to log it in. I am also checking my cervix every day and CM.

Anything else you ladies can suggest?

My temps have all been really low. Today is the first day after AF. Is that normal?

Help!:wacko:

How many cycles have you been temping? You might just naturally have a "low" temperature. You'll be able to see a pattern after several cycles of temping, and know for sure. Sounds like you're doing it right, so the only advice I have is to make sure you're doing it around the same time every day, and make sure you have minimum movement beforehand. I always slept with mine under my pillow ;)

Hello! I agree that it takes a few cycles to learn what is normal for you. I've been taking my temperature for years, since my husband and I used fertility awareness TTA until starting TTC a few months ago. The first few cycles I was like uuh.... but then I started to see the patterns and then it got very predictable.

Keep in mind that your temperatures are lowest when you first wake up, and they are lowest before ovulation, so I wouldn't think it's strange to have low temperatures at the beginning of your cycle. You won't see a big spike until the day after ovulation, and it may not necessarily be a spike at all. Sometimes, my temperature rise is just a few tenths of a degree the day after ovulation, then rises a little bit more over the next two days. Also, your temperature can actually drop just before ovulation.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much ladies! You have really made me feel better about it.
I got a HUGE spike one day after all those low temps, and then it went back down to low. Does that happen? It can't be ovulation since it was like day 8 of my cycle...can it??? That would be super duper early ovulation!

Mine always start at around 36.20-36.40, but when I ovulate they spike up to 36.70-36.80 and stay there until AF.

After a few cycles charting you will soon see your pattern. Hopefully it won't take you too long :flower:

For it to be ovulation its a spike and then it stays elevated :) you will soon notice a pattern, just make sure your temp is taken at the same time every morning :)

I take it in the morning when i wake for work, before I get up. I did realize that the huge spike I had upwards was a Saturday when i slept a little later and stirred in my bed a little longer. Every week day I take it at 6am sharp. My temp dipped today and yesterday and today I have real watery CM and my cervix is really high and soft...so I am thinking ovulation is coming?

I would def say O is on it's way! GL!!

Also, another factor that can effect temps (and of course idk if this has any impact on you, as idk your habits) is drinking alcohol. It tends to raise your core temp slightly even if youve "slept it off."

So I checked my CM last night and low and behold...EWCM! I don't remember ever having that! So DH and I did the dance. Today my cervix is real high and soft and open. Having some pinches on my side. Think I MIGHT be ovulating today, but I am not sure. My temp was REAL LOW this morning. I even took it twice to be sure and there was only a slight increase the second time. FF thinks it was wrong. It gave me the hollow circle on my chart! Maybe I need a new thermometer?

I would def say O is on it's way! GL!!

Also, another factor that can effect temps (and of course idk if this has any impact on you, as idk your habits) is drinking alcohol. It tends to raise your core temp slightly even if youve "slept it off."

Thanks girl! I only really have a beer or two, if anything. I have been staying away from alcohol for the most part. I allow myself a beer here and there since we drink really malty/hoppy craft beers. I don't drink liquor at all lately. Even wine I have not had a taste for.

My grandmother used to tell my mom that beer was good for the breast milk! (I am laughing as I type that...but that is what they used to think!) :winkwink:

It def can't hurt to try a new thermometer! The pinching is a good sign of ovulating, so yay! Hopefully you caught that egg! I used to get crazy pain when I ovulated, but ever since having ds, nothing :(

Omg, beer good for breastmilk? Lol! Old myths like that crack me up!

Totally just noticed our cycles are similar. I'm CD12 today. Gotta get some bd in today!

We did a whole lot of BD! Every day last week but Thursday and Saturday. FF says I o'd on Friday so we will see! There should be a good amount of swimmers up there! HA!

And yes! My grandmother insisted a pint of beer a day made good breast milk. This is of course a good stout or something equally heavy. No Natural Ice or Old English! Hahahaha!

I use fertility friend and countdown to pregnancy to log my temps.

This thread has helped me alot! But do you have to take it around the same time? as my daughter doesnt sleep well and if she had a bad night ill sleep til she wakes up =/

This thread has helped me alot! But do you have to take it around the same time? as my daughter doesnt sleep well and if she had a bad night ill sleep til she wakes up =/

Hi, Chii! :wave:

Yes, you should try to take your temp at the same time every day, but within an hour of the "usual" time you take it is fine. I have an alarm set on my phone for 5:00 a.m. On the weekends, I don't actually get up and out of bed that early, but I take my temp, put the thermometer down, go back to sleep and then log it on my chart when I do wake up for good and get out of bed.

So I checked my CM last night and low and behold...EWCM! I don't remember ever having that! So DH and I did the dance. Today my cervix is real high and soft and open. Having some pinches on my side. Think I MIGHT be ovulating today, but I am not sure. My temp was REAL LOW this morning. I even took it twice to be sure and there was only a slight increase the second time. FF thinks it was wrong. It gave me the hollow circle on my chart! Maybe I need a new thermometer?

Hi, Boobs! :)haha:)

What was your temp? The real low one? It sounds like it was right before you Od. Last cycle, I had a 96.3 temp before it spiked up to 97.7. I'm also interested to find out what your temp was the day after the really low one, and if high, has it stayed high since?

I had to start taking my temp in the crease of my leg (at my inner thigh) because I'm a mouth breather at night. It was making my temps very erratic and I couldn't ever find a pattern. I didn't want to temp vaginally, as it would be difficult with DH on one side and one of our two dogs on the other without stirring them. I thought I was a regular low-temp kind of gal, but doing the inner thigh has worked in regulating my temps. Just thought I'd share that tidbit in case it helps!

Keeping my FX for your BFP, hun! :) Good luck!

:dust:

Rephrase, where do you guys administrator the bbt at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"