New to temping! Advice?

So my temp was going down the last couple days. Today AF is due, and it was back up again. What does that mean???

Did your temp go below your coverline the last few days? Did you drink alcohol last night or get up to pee close to your temp time? Those will cause a higher temp.

No, and no. Nothing any different than I did the rest of the cycle.

Hmm... They've stayed above your coverline, so I just don't know, hun. Hopefully your temp stays high and AF stays away. FX!

Okay I am new to temping too and am curious how it works, this thread has been helpful! I bedshare with my toddler and we still stir occasionally in the night or I have to get up to take him pee etc. Is it even worth it for me to start temping or will it not be accurate at all? Thanks!!

Hi, Casey! You can always try it out and if your temps seem to be erratic and have no pattern, it may not be the best way for you. I learned what I know about temping in the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility", I can't remember the author's name but it was very helpful (sometimes confusing, but mostly helpful). If I remember correctly, the book (sorry, it's at home and I'm not) says you need to be in bed for at least 3 hours before taking your temp. And you should definitely take your temp within an hour of the same time every morning before you get out of bed. I'd definitely give it a try because some women's bodies aren't as sensitive as others and may not be affected by a quick trip to the bathroom or a stirring toddler! Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions! :)

That was a great question about temping while cosleeping! I'm not even going to attempt temping again until ds is out of our bed. Too much happening to even get a solid 3 hours!

Good morning, ladies! I found some guidelines on a website that I thought might be helpful. Some stuff you may already know, but I'm copying and pasting the entire thing just in case. Hope it helps! :)

"In order to analyze your chart properly it is best to have the most accurate data recorded. Your basal body temperature will be most reliable if you follow these guidelines as closely as possible.

•Take your temperature just as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything else. You can not get up, sit up, walk around, go to the bathroom, eat anything, drink anything, or engage in any kind of activity (even shaking down a mercury thermometer can skew your temperature). Keep your themometer at your beside along with a notepad to record the temperature and the time it was taken. If you use a mercury thermometer, shake it down the night before.

•Take your temperature at the same time every day. Yes, even weekends and holidays. Set an alarm - you can always go back to sleep! This is very important as your resting temperature increases by approximately 0.1° every half an hour and so could skew your chart.

•Take your temperature after at least three to four consecutive hours of sleep. (To get a more reliable result at least 5 hours is preferable)

•Take your temperature using a special BBT thermometer. You can take your temperature orally, vaginally or rectally. Just be consistent throughout the cycle.

•You should use the same thermometer throughout the cycle. (If you buy a new one, start using it on cycle day one of the next cycle.) If your themometer breaks and you must use a new one, make sure to add a note of this on your chart.

•Don't get upset if you oversleep or forget to write a temperature down (or miss a day all together) In most cases one or two missed temperatures won't make ovulation undetectable. (Especially if you are checking multiple fertility signs like cervical fluid, cervix position or using ovulation predictor kits or a fertility monitor). Just do the best you can.

•It is also advisable to mark in the notes section on your chart days when your temperature may be unreliable due to illness or alcohol consumption etc.

Ideally, you should start charting on the first day of your period, and continue to take your basal body temperature every morning throughout your entire cycle. Every day, record your waking temperature, along with the time that you took it."

hi
i've been temping for a while now, sometimes my af temp doesn't drop below the coverline BUT i have pcos on one side, my temps do differ a lot from each cycle...
as you can see they are all over the place.
i take mine orally at 6am everyday...
you will get the hang of it, don't compare last cycle to this... wait till your next cycle to compare :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->