New to the board

Addaboy

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jody, 36. My husband, Bryan is 34. We have 2 girls who are 7 & 8 1/2. We have been TTC #3 since July 2007. We became pregnant with both of our girls our 1st month of not trying/not preventing. So, we thought #3 would be just as easy. Boy were we wrong! When we did get pregnant, we would miscarry. I went through many different doctors who told me it was "just bad luck". It didn't make sense. How was it possible for us to get pregnant so easy with the girls & not now?

I did so many tests, my tubes are clear, SA says DH has super sperm, etc. We are both "normal" I was put on clomid & unmonitored for a couple of years. Just, here I put in another order for clomid for you, good luck. The last pregnancy I had (via our 1st IUI) seemed like it ended just the same as the others, I started bleeding in the 4-5 1/2 week range. I passed a sac just like the other 3 miscarriages I had. My numbers dropped, etc. A week and a half later, we went to a water park. I contracted a UTI while there. I felt pain on my right side & thought the UTI was going to my kidneys. So I called to ask if I could get some antibiotics. They wanted to also check my HCG numbers. My numbers went back up. They ordered an u/s & found that I had an ectopic. This is a rare case called a heterotopic pregnancy-1 in the uterus & 1 is ectopic. So, I lost babies #4 & 5.

I gave up TTC for a while, I became very depressed. A year ago, I found a new OBGYN who is known for helping women with multiple miscarriages get pregnant & carry to term. I had a new hope & we got back on the TTC wagon. He ran more tests & found that I have 2 blood clotting disorders (MTHFR & PIA-1 4G/4G). He is sure that to keep from miscarrying again, I will need to start blood thinners when I become pregnant again.

We have done several rounds of clomid & 2 IUI's with him. My last cycle was a "holiday" cycle per drs. orders. So, we did nothing. Not even charting.

Today started my new cycle. I am waiting for instructions on what we are going to do. We were to the point of me taking clomid & then I would do estrogen draws daily until I ovulated. So, I am sure we will be back on a similar plan. I do have a blog that is very detailed on my journey, I am unable to post it until I have 10 posts though. So, let me know if you are interested in reading it & I'll get it to you now. I will post it later when I'm able to.

I hope to find some new friends & be as helpful as possible.

Good Luck to all of you!:flower:

I would like to read it! Thank you for sharing your story. And Welcome!

Im Carrie, 26 and DH is Josh 27. We have been together 11 years, and married 5. We have been actively TTC 2 days shy of 2 years, with no hint of a BFP. But we have never used any form of Birth Control our entire 11 year relationship.

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. That is truly heartbreaking, hopefully now that they know what is going on they will be able to keep this from happening again.

My name is Michelle, I am 31 hubby is 36. We have never had a BFP and so far unexplained although I will be having a laporoscopic surgery next month to investigate to see what is going on.

Wish you all the best and welcome to the board.

Hi Jody! I have MTHFR as well. Which mutation(s) do you have? I'm homo c677t. I'm on lovenox after each confirmed ovulation and if pregnant that cycle, then will stay on it until at least 12 weeks (and I'm working on pushing that to the whole pregnancy). Have you switched your vitamins to the bio active ones yet?

I'm so sorry for your losses. I've had 6 early miscarriages as well and it's heartbreaking. :(

I'm so sorry for your losses. My DD was quite the surprise and we thought #2 would be a piece of cake also. 10 years later, here I am.

You may want to have your doctor keep running tests. Even though they found your blood clotting disorder, there may be something else in addition to that.

I was diagnosed with MTHFR also and told that heparin shots would lead to a successful pregnancy. Not so. I went to another doctor who ran extensive genetic tests and it turned out that i have very high levels of NK cells and that was what the true problem was. You are also more likely to have elevated NK cells if you have secondary infertility. If you have any more failed IUI cycles even while using the blood thinners, you may want to inquire about additional testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->