New to this, help appreciated with coming off BC

Mandyp87

Reaction score
Hello, we just decided to ttc #2 and I was hoping to get some advice after being on bc. I've just stopped microgynon, I've read that you get a withdrawal bleed after stopping, is this always the case? And if it doesn't come within a week or so how do you know if it's withdrawal or AF? Also when to do opk? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a bit lost lol and don't really know how to proceed! Thanks in advance :)

Oh also according to an app, I should have ovulated 2 days ago, but a test yesterday showed negative, (it's the first response ones that just have a smiley face or no face..so no in betweens) but I guess that's coz I've only recently stopped bc. Even though they'd say you can still get pg after missing a single pill lol....sorry for rambling lol

Hi and Welcome, maybe I can help with giving you a little info about my experience. I recently came off bcp end of Feb. Combo bcp I know for sure you have a withdrawal bleed a few days (4 days for me) into your placebo pills (green pills). Because I didn't know what to expect from my body and how anxious I was to ttc I bbt and opk last day of my AF until i got a positive O. Because I don't know what to expect after bcp and its hard to just trust charts alone. If your AF or withdrawal is late I would recommend a supplement i am taking Vitex 1000mg just to keep things flowing in case they try to Stop on me. Hope this helps.

Hey there! I'm fairly new to this myself. I know that withdrawal bleeds are common but sometimes don't happen. As far as beig able to tell withdrawal bleeding from regular Af, I don't think you could really, unless AF shows up a week or two after the withdrawal bleed.

I've also heard you can ovulate as soon as two weeks after stopping BC. Yeah, it's crazy how some can get pregnant just from taking a pill an hour late and some of us have to work at it :p sorry I'm not of much help!

That's great, thank you both. Turns out I got the withdrawal bleed a few mins after writing the post lol. So is it right that you test 11 days after first day of next AF after withdrawal?

Test for O? Yes, I would test as early as CD 11. You can use fertilityfriend.com to keep track and remind you when to test.

Hi. I came off my bc 4 weeks ago and still haven't started my period. I seem to be a hormonal mess as I'm having all the symptoms but no show. Ive been on various bc for 20 years. Its becoming a worry

Ive don't get my period when I'm on bc so I just don't know. I had my coil removed a few years ago and I remember getting them but not sure on times.

Ive don't get my period when I'm on bc so I just don't know. I had my coil removed a few years ago and I remember getting them but not sure on times.

Ok with combination bc pill you get a period better known as withdrawal bleed every month like clock work. You can try natural herbs to stimulate AF like vitex, fertility blend i think thats what is called just search natural ways to start AF. I even read some lady used garlic clove on a tampon. If nothing works some re s prescribe bcp for 3 months just to get AF going.

Great news I started today. I knew booking a doctor's appointment would do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->