new to this please help

kayley2704

Reaction score
my self and partner have been trying for a baby coming up 4 years i have been throught all the fertility appointments had lap and dye in dec and been on clomid and metformin for 6 months and this month is the last month to fall pregnant naturaly befor we go back next month as our specalist said if nothing happeneds natural it will be ivf can someone tell me what happeneds next do you have to :

*-fill out forms?
*-get taught how to inject your self

just a bit more infor would be great and how long did you all have to wait to start im so scared of needles as well but getting excited to start as it would give me my biggest dream ever!

thankyou and good luck to all of you.

kayley xx

Hi Hun, I'm not having treatment, but I can help! Whichever clinic you go to (either private or NHS) there will be forms. I imagine with NHS treatment there arent so many as they can access your medical history, but there will still be consent forms at the least.

And yes you'll be taught to self inject, although if I remember correctly there are some drugs that can be substituted for an oral version if you really don't want to inject - I don't know how available these are on the NHS though, I only know how private clinics work.

Xxx

Thankyou Hun what kind of things do they do at your first appointment with ivf? X

I can only speak for this clinic, but it's an initial consultation where you'll have an ultrasound internal scan to check uterus and ovaries. Then you'll speak with a consultant about your results (as well as bloods and medical history) then they decide best course of treatment and drugs plan, you can normally start from your next cycle once all bloods are completed. Xxx

aww thankyou hun means alot im quiet excited now how is yours going? where abouts are you through yours now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->