New to this!

EricaM

Reaction score
HI! New to this, but unfortunately my friends aren't the ones I can talk to because well they aren't going through this! lol

I'll start from the beginning...I was on Mirena for 5 years, after that was taken out I was put on birth control which I stopped in April (because I quit my job and no insurance [yes i know its free with assistance] and because we were trying but not preventing either...after a while we decided to be semi serious about it. I use an app to track my first period (I don't quite know all the abbreviations yet) which I had on May 28th, lasted for the usual 5-6 days. I was supposed to start on June 28th but it never came. I tested about 5 times, a couple days after, a week after , twice in a day and just recently which were all negative. I swear I had all the symptoms; nausea, late period, mild cramps, gas, bloating (i know some of those are PMS also) and well on day 40 of my cycle BOOM spotting. The symptom that lets you know, it failed...of course I was devastated but i couldn't let it show. My friend said I was reading too much into this, a nurse at a clinic said I didn't need a blood test because the urine tests were negative. So I guess this is a new cycle. I do have one son, he is amazing, but sadly he lives in another city with his dad and I don't get him that often because of the distance. I just feel like there is something missing, and this may not be the right time for a baby due to me starting school next month, but I feel this is the missing link to complete our family and make us over 100%

Sorry for the long explanation ladies!

I am with you sweetie. My husband had a vasectomy while still with his ex wife, I have 3 wonderful, all be them fully grown, step sons, but we both feel the longing to have new life in our marriage. We have had the reversal and trying for over a year, but so far not a BFP (big freakin' possitive) in sight.

I have always worked on the philosophy, no time is the "right" time to start your family, so you aren't crazy about not preventing. My eldest stepson knocked up the woman of his dream (and ours, she is now my BFF) just a few months after they started dating. He had a good job and lost it weeks before their first was due. He spent the last two years in school and is now waiting for a job offer to come through and BAM they are expecting number two. Somehow they are making it work and enjoying being with their child and excited about number two.

My DH and I have been married 10 years and still trying. I have faith that it will happen, but it is a lot of playing the hurry up and wait game. It will happen, don't worry too much. Just move forward in life and you will get that something you are missing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"