New to TTC and Confused!

MrsLeigh

Growing a little baby
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Sorry if im not fully to grips with all the shortened lingo but i'm new to the website and just getting the hang of things.
I'm just after a little advice please.
I think my next period is due on or around the 7th Feb, i dont know for certain as i only came off the pill end of nov 2010 and had a period when i usually would have whilst on the pill on the 10th Dec, i then had another period on the 7th Jan so i'm thinking so far so good in that my cycle has been pretty regular after being on the pill for 15yrs!
Anyway i think its because i really really really want to be pregnant but i have been having so many symptoms and jut dont know wheher its becasue i'm convincing myself or real! I have also done a ridiculous amount of tests, all negative, stupid i know, but not been able to help myself.
I feel very nauseous, low stomach cramps, a bit like period but not like anything i have ever had previously, ear ache, very very bad pumping! and last night a little loose bowl- tmi sorry! I never have any tummy troubles.
I just dont know what to think because im also thinking we didnt have sex enough around ovulation time although im still working out when that is!
I think it was around the 13th/14th and we :sex::sex: on the 15th, 17th and 22nd.
sorry its soooooo long winded but what does everyone think???

I feel better already just for typing all that!
xxxx

Hi Mrs Leigh - I hear you, its all very confusing!

Did you use any predictor kits for your ovulation? It would be quite unusual for you to O only 6 days after your period started on the 7th Jan. Much more likely that happened a week or so later? That way your BD on the 22nd might well have caught you - your symptoms sound very promising!

I'm no expert and I know everyone is different - I'll help if I can! xx

Hi Waitress
No I didn't use any ovulation kits because we are just seeing what happens for a few months but i cant help but analyse!!
I really dont know when i will ovulate it's just it felt like i was around that time.
I need to probably see about a chart and then i wont be so confused!
These symptoms are driving me insane tho!
x

If you'r periods are regular and its due on the 7th Feb, its more likely you ovulated 12-16 days before that. I think you're definitely in with a shout of being pregnant!! I hope so. Give it a couple more days and then you'll be in the right timeframe for a test to give you BFP!

I know, it drives you mad. I got a BFP last cycle on my 1st cycle TTC and had all of what you're talking about. Sadly it ended in a chemical pregnancy so I am just starting the TWW again. I will no doubt be driving myself mad for the next 10 days.

Good luck! x

Well i think i have been lucky so far in that i have had two periods when i should have and usually you hear that women struggle when first off the pill.
I think if my next period does come on the 7th Feb then i have more of a clear idea on the timing of my cycle. So if that happens do i need to count 12-16 days after the start and that is likely when i will ovulate and should therefore have sex??? what is a lutreal phase also, i dont really understand that.
Sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy, i think it shows how fertile you are for the first time ttc!
Thanks for all your help and advise with this its really helpful to an ear that doesnt think im mad!
xxx

I'm 38, had been on the pill for 18 years and had no idea what my luteal phase was until last week! After what happened last cycle and my age, I thought I should find out a bit more about what can happen and I bought the Clearblue digital smiley OPK kit for this cycle. I started using it when it suggested based on my 28 day cycles and I got a smiley face at the weekend - right when I thought I would. Its just nice to be reassured!

So the luteal phase (LP) is the time between you ovulating and your period starting. Based on what you were saying, if you ovulated on the 13/14th you would have a really long LP to take you to the 7th Feb? I reckon you may have ovulated later than you think. And I definitely think think there is a chance you could be pregnant! I'm excited for you:flower:

Keep me posted!! x

Sorry, I didn't answer your other question.

If you get your AF on the 7th Feb, its likely you have a more normal cycle. The best chances of falling pregnant are if you BD the 4 days before you OV and right up to the day of OV. So basically have:sex: at least every other day after your Af finishes and if you use OPK up once you get notice of your surge do it in the next 48 hours. If you don't use OPK then every other day until a few days before your Af comes should cover it. Its exhausting but my husband isn't complaining!:blush:

Sounds like you could be in with a chance! If AF is due on Feb 7th then you may have ovulated anytime between 20th and 26th Jan, 24th Jan based on an LP of 14 days, but LP can be anything from 10-16 days. If you want to have an idea of exactly when you ovulate you need to temp or use OPK's, or both!

It still is early to be testing. I know I ovulated on Jan 21st and today I got a :bfn: but i'm only 11dpo :dohh:

:dust: to you :)

thank you both so much, its such a lot to take in but i feel better now i'm armed with some proper help and information!
I also feel really normal talking about all these things because i know you understand!
Also from last night i have had a very small amount of dark pinkish/brown CM so that is another sign!
If i am PG then i'm very lucky because we have only had the one shot at what seems to have been my ovulation time (22nd ish) because of hubby working away!
But if not pg then at least ive got a better idea next month.
will keep you updated but lots of love and baby dust to you both!
xxxx

The pinky/brown CM could well be IB! Good luck, let me know how you get on :D

Also, where in the North West are you? I'm from there originally :D xxx

I will do!
I'm from Bolton, whereabouts did you live?

x

Yes I have, not that far away! Shame u don't still live there!
X

Well AF arrived this morning, gutted, and totally confused as that is much earlier than i thought so god knows what my cycle is now!
Need to just calm down and go with the flow so to speak!
Best of luck to you Rachael and Waitress!
xxx

Sorry she got you :( :hugs:

Best of luck for this cycle xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583