New to TTC and FF

leanne0166

TTC #1 after m/c
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been registered with BnB for 3wks now. Have registerd with FF and although I have ha dthe lessons emailed to me, I have not properly read them yet. I haven't a clue what to do on FF! Do I start entering details on the first day of AF? Or anytime. Bearing in mind I have not used FF befire, all advice is welcome, even if it seem obvious advice!!!

Thanks girlies xxx :hug: xxx

Take your temp at the same time every day. I keep the thermometer and paper beside my bed. It's best to take it before you rise from bed or even go to the bathroom. I started taking my temps after my period stopped - but that's only because I just signed up at that time. Glad you started at the beginning of your cycle.

I am also using the ovulation pee sticks. Nice to compare that to the chart.
You are going to get tons of help here on the forums. Great bunch of gals.

What if my DH wakes for work at 6am which he sometimes does, but on other days its 7am? When he wakes, I either stir or wake myself, so will his effect temp taking? Have had a practice run at taking temp (36 celcius), before AF was due, and took temp at 7am when I get up for work. But if DH gets up at 6am, and I wake, should I take it then? or wait until I would naturally get up at 7am??? Does it have to be that precise?

xx

It has to be precise. It is best to have at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep prior to taking temps. Just have the thermometer by your bed and when DH wakes up you can take it, write it down and go back to sleep. If you don't wake up then take it an hour later. I think if you take it an hour later every once in awhile it will be ok but waking up and then taking it an hour later will give you higher temps which won't be accurate because your body temp rises when you wake. Good luck.

They say that your temp changes 0.1 per every hour different of temping. And they also say that you should take your temp after at least 3 hours of solid sleep to get a good temp. I would do it at 6am when dear husband wakes. And if he doesn't wake up til 7am, then do it then as well. Just make note of times for when you look back on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->