New to TTC, any advice?

jillypoop

Mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I'm Jill, have a lovely other half known as Tino and have the most amazing 14m old daughter together.
We've decided to start trying for our 2nd (and last) baby. We had unprotected sex 3 times last weekend, I'm due AF in about a week.
Been having slight niggly period pains on and off this evening...
The plan was for us to just continue as normal but without using protection but we're a week in and I'm going crazy already!
I don't know what I need to do in regards to charting etc so hopefully some of you experts can help us? Our daughter was a surprise so didn't go through this with her!
My periods have been a bit hit and miss since having my daughter, not really regular, usually a few days late so never sure when I need to test or when to wait etc

Ok that's enough of my rambling, hope to speak to you all soon :hugs:

Hi everyone :)
I'm Jill, have a lovely other half known as Tino and have the most amazing 14m old daughter together.
We've decided to start trying for our 2nd (and last) baby. We had unprotected sex 3 times last weekend, I'm due AF in about a week.
Been having slight niggly period pains on and off this evening...
The plan was for us to just continue as normal but without using protection but we're a week in and I'm going crazy already!
I don't know what I need to do in regards to charting etc so hopefully some of you experts can help us? Our daughter was a surprise so didn't go through this with her!
My periods have been a bit hit and miss since having my daughter, not really regular, usually a few days late so never sure when I need to test or when to wait etc

Ok that's enough of my rambling, hope to speak to you all soon :hugs:

:hi: Charting will be very helpful since you are irregular. There are a lot of services online you can use, but most people use Fertilityfriend.com It is a good website for tracking your cycle, confirming ovulation, and helping you to predict future ovulation/likelihood of pregnancy based on symptoms/and when to test. There are many different methods you can use in charting.

First, I highly recommend temping because it confirms when you ovulate and therefore also helps you to determine your luteal phase length (time between ovulation and next cycle) and testing time. You get a special BBT thermometer, which is available at many places. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $8-$9. You take your temperature every morning before getting out of bed, moving a lot, talking, drinking, etc. It gives you the base temperature. You add this to your chart. The pre-ovulation temps are lower, then after you get three higher temps your ovulation will be confirmed. Then you are in the luteal phase/tww where your temps will be higher. This will definitely help you find a pattern over time (in case you need it).

Second, a lot of people use ovulation predictor kits (opks) to find their lh surge, which happens right before ovulation. Whereas temping confirms ovulation after it happens, opks should tell you right before you are about to ovulate. You can get these at most places as well. We only have a small window each month so catching ovulation is key!

There are other methods as well. One popular/helpful method is tracking cm(cervical fluids). :blush: Noting when it becomes more watery or like ewcm means that ovulation is approaching.

As far as testing this month I would suggest waiting until the longest possible cycle date you've experienced lately. For example, if your longest cycle was 32 days wait until cycle day 32 or 33 to test.

We have a testing group/supportive group that you can join if you like. We have several BFPs for May already, but we have testers for June as well. Our plan is to stick together until we all get a BFP! Click here to go to the thread.

Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"