New to TTC- help!

crystalholl

Reaction score
Okay y'all- I've never once posted anything online about ttc but here we go. Please spread lots of grace for the newby

I'm 26 and my boyfriend is 27. I've been completely off BC for about 3 months now. The first day of my last period was June 26 and it only lasted 3 days which is weird for me- it usually lasts 7. On a whim this month, I took an ovulation test. I took it at 9:30 pm on July 7. It was positive meaning I would ovulate in the next 24-36 hours so we got.to.business! Since I don't know my exact date of ovulation- I don't know how many dpo I would consider myself, but I'd estimate maybe anywhere from 4-6 dpo. I know that "medically" I'm not supposed to have any symptoms- but being a forum junkie has taught me that that's not necessarily true lol. I had a bit of nausea yesterday and found myself having a hard time even convincing myself to eat anything other than crackers until later that night when I was able to put down food. I had some sharp pains in my abdomen on my drive home from work (about 8pm or so) and shortly after I started feeling like I had done a bunch of crunches or ab workouts. The soreness is around my belly button but on both sides- I laid down and pressed just beneath it and it sent a pain as well- and it literally has not stopped since last night. I've had it all day long today- not subsiding. Some women have said they've felt this before, but I wanna hear from people who have actually read my story/experiences.

I'm driving myself insane with the waiting and wondering if I could be. I don't know why my stomach would feel the way it does- I'm far enough out from AF so that shouldn't be a factor. And TMI alert-- but I've had plenty of regular BMs (lol) so that's not the issue. Boobs are tender in spots, but I noticed that my nipples were a little tender under the water of the shower the other day.

Am I losing my damn mind? OBVIOUSLY I know that all I can really do is wait it out and test in a few days (likely 6 or so -__-).

Any help or advice or just encouragement- anything- would be helpful. Once again, I don't wanna be annoying and be that new girl who's just being insane, but I need to calm my mind. All I have ever wanted in my entire life is to be a mom so to be in a position to finally be one has got my mind doing some crazy things. Thanks in advance

I do think it's absolutely possible to feel symptoms early on. With my daughter, I felt really off from 6 dpo, which is around when I thought implantation occurred. Mine was a bit different than what you described. It was down in my uterus area, which is behind the pubic bone and it felt like a series of sharp pinches, so sharp it made me jump. I started to feel unwell the next day and I was having obvious pregnancy symptoms by 8 dpo (tested at 10 dpo and it was a strong positive). With my 2nd pregnancy, which ended in miscarriage, I didn't feel anything until the night before I tested (11 dpo), but it was very much the same feeling, headache, exhausted, irritable, no appetite, just feeling yuck.

With this pregnancy, I felt really unwell, exhausted, headaches, nauseous from 5 dpo. We had just flown back from being basically on the other side of the world (8 hour time difference) and had to go straight back to work as soon as we got home, so I at first just assumed it was part of jet lag because I thought it was surely too early. I continued to feel awful all week. On Friday, I took at test at what would have been 10 dpo and it was completely negative. Later that day, I felt the same sharp pains in my uterus and was just really crampy, like bad period cramps. I was sure I wasn't pregnant, so I ignored it. We had house guests all that weekend and I continued feeling awful, but just tried to put it out of my mind. It wasn't until the following week when I was literally so nauseous I had to leave work early, that I decided the next day I would take a test if I didn't get my period, which should have arrived the day before. It was definitely positive (at 16 dpo). So I was pregnant even when I was having symptoms at 5 dpo, but my hcg levels weren't even high enough at 10 dpo to give a positive reading. But the symptoms never changed or went away all that time and only got stronger as the days went by, so there is something to it.

I definitely think if you're someone who is sensitive to what's happening in your body, it's possible to feel something sooner that others might. I also felt my daughter move really early (from 13-14 weeks), which is early for a first baby, but I think it makes sense. I must just be someone who notices these things. So I think it's definitely possible for you. I would just caution taking a test too early. It can be really depressing and defeating. I was heartbroken when I took that initial test at 10 dpo this time. It was our first month trying after the miscarriage and I was so sure I was pregnant (obviously I was right), and I just cried so hard when it was negative because I knew it was supposed to be positive. If I'd just waited another day or two, it likely would have been a clear positive.

@mindutopia thank you so much!

I am still having those same "pains" like I have for the last 2 days, but they do seem a little less intense. It's really only noticible if I have to use my ab muscles (sort of like if I'm leaning back and have to use my abs to keep me upright). Keeping in mind that I really don't do ANY strenuous activities like working out or lifting things or really anything out of the ordinary at all- it's suspicious for me for sure to have that pain 3 days in a row.

I should have also mentioned that I've read that gum/tooth pain can be a sign (albeit weird to me...). I believe it was Tuesday (7/11) that I got a strange tooth pain on the bottom right of my mouth randomly in the night. The gums got irritated and were very painful. Overall I believe that lasted 24 hours or so and now it's better. Super random.

We'll see I suppose. I'm going to go out and buy tests tonight and I MAY take one tomorrow morning. I'm guessing it'll still be negative, but I'll do so again in several days after that. Sucks those things are so pricey :dohh:

Fingers are still crossed! I go in and out of being discouraged, but I think that's just because I've wanted this for so long but never thought it would happen for me so I'm just having self doubt of my dream becoming a reality. I'll work on being more glass half full :thumbup:

might also note that I'm not "all with it" at work today especially. I got plenty of rest, but I'm making ALL KINDS of simple mistakes :dohh::dohh::dohh: what on earth lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->