*New update page 5* Empty Sac seen at 6 weeks no yolk & suspected ectopic *Update*

I'm so sorry it's all so stressful. Thinking of you x

I'm so sorry hun. If it is ectopic it will not end on its own without a threat to you. I'm thinking that since there is a sack though is why they're more willing to wait it out. I'm hoping you're just really early too. Hugs.

Thinking of you and sending you good thoughts ! please keep us posted <3

Hi. 8 hope everything goes well. By the sounds if it most likely its an ectopic i went through the same thing but i had a copper iud in i didnt even know i was pregnant until the pseudo sac came out it was the size of my hand. I went to hospital and had a scan they said it looked like there was something in my left tube i was given methotrexate and sent home. 2 days later it ruptured i was at home alone i had emergency surgery and needed a blood transfusion. I am so worried for you and hope it all turns out fine. Good luck

So sorry to read this!
I went through similar and it has now turned out ok we just had to give the baby a week to grow some more to be able to see it :D

Today I've been to london for a private, more in detail scan.
Devastating news is I have a cesarean scar ectopic pregnancy. The sac that has been mistaken for a pseudo sac in the last two scans is actually the gestational sac that has attached and grown through my cesarean scar. The supposed ectopic the hospital saw on my ovary is a normal corpus luteum. I'm not sure how the hospital got it so wrong but in a way they were right as has ended up ectopic anyway.
I am now booked in for surgery on Monday and there is a chance I will have to have a hysterectomy due to the location and the sac having grown completely through the scar. There is also still no yolk sac or baby even though I'm measuring 7 weeks.

puggy

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I have had this! I had an ectopic on my c-section scar back in October 2013. They treated me with methotrexate which was safer since they were afraid to do a d&c and risk rupturing my uterus which is what would lead to a hysterectomy.

I know exactly what you are going through. If you would like to chat let me know.

I was cleared to have another baby in June 2014, I am now 6 weeks pregnant and am going for a scan tuesday to make sure that this one hasn't implanted on my scar.

Big hugs!

Kim

Puggy

Also wanted to say that I'm not surprised the ultrasound techs missed it, this is the rares form of an ectopic pregnancy... betwen 1978 and 2003 there were only 45 reported cases in the english medical literature!! they have been seeing more in recent years due to the increase in c-sections but still there is no standard protocol on how to deal with it.

For me they missed it on 2 scans at 7.5 weeks and 9.5 weeks, I miscarried and 1 month later I ended up in hospital because some tissue had gotten "stuck" in my scar and continued to grow and I ended up with a mass of "pregnancy tissue" that was all of the way through my uterus wall.. I almost ruptured. Your are VERY lucky that they caught this when they did you have no idea. I know it's hard right now but you are actually very very lucky.

Anyways sorry to babble I just know that when I was going through this there was no one else around who knew what I was going through and there is very little information out there. I have done a tonne of reasearch :) although I'm an engineer so I come by it honestly :)

Good luck

Kim

Is it too late to have methotrexate? The reason being you would hopefully be able to avoid a hysterectomy! Providing it hasn't ruptured and your hcg isn't too high it should be an option!
I had an ectopic last year and I had methotrexate. Recovery wasn't too bad (it wasn't exactly pleasant either mind!)

Oh my word, i never knew this existed!!! So glad you had a re-scan etc :hugs:

Hi, thanks for your replies. The consultant won't consider methotrexate as the gestational sac has already grown right through the scar/uterus lining so a hole will be left when the sac eventually ruptures or is removed. They are going to use surgery to stop the expected heavy internal bleeding. I

I also have kidney problems which is a separate very long story so methotrexate can't be used.

Thank you for your messages and support x

Sorry to read your update, never knew such a thing existed. Good luck on Monday, and again, so very sorry of the outcome. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Praying for you and for your surgery! I hope all goes smoothly.

Sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well and they manage to sort you out with as little problems as possible.

puggy I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

For me, i had a mass of pregnancy tissue that was 3 inches in diameter and it was all of the way through my uterus wall, when they gave me the methotrexate it didn't leave a hole, it killed the tissue and the uterus muscle healed itself.. I was told them doing a d&c would likely rupture the uterus... if I were you I would ask again for the methotrexate....unless the kidney issues are too much... again I'm so sorry.

For me the actually admitted me to hospital for 5 days, gave me the methotrexate and did lots of blood work and ultrasounds to make sure it was working..if it hadn't worked they would have had to do a hysterectomy...

big hugs.

So sorry to hear that you are going through this :hugs:.
I am also in limbo as I went for a scan today and only a sac was found. Hate this not knowing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->