New Year Goals

kksy9b

Loving my 2 boys and baby girl!
Reaction score
Alright ladies, it's that time of year again where everyone makes new goals (for whatever reason I don't like the word resolutions so we are going with goals!) It would be fun to update throughout the year on our progress and help hold one another accountable!

Mine are:
1. Be a more loving and patient wife to my DH
2. Be a mom that encourages my son's natural exploration by exposing him to new and different opportunities
3. Cook 100 new meals --3 down, 97 to go!
4. Make it to church more than 50% of the time on Sundays (been hard to make it since DS was born)
5. Sell our house and move!
6. Rebuild a relationship with my brother
7. Get preggo?? This is not likely this year but if we can pay our house off early it may happen!
8. Make a trip to see family in new york and take a family vacation to a lake up there
9. Explore 5 new things in our city that we haven't seen before
10. Volunteer on at least 3 service projects

You don't have to make as many as I did but let's hear them!

You do sound like you're going to be busy!

Mine is just to prepare myself and my body as much as possible for TTC this year. I also want to get my family (mum/nan/sister) to travel a bit more. None of them have ever even been to London, so I might do a few UK trips with them this year.

I really like the cooking different meals one, though, and I may have to steal that. Maybe 50 different meals this year, though, as I don't have time to do 100 different ones.

oooh! good idea for a thread :)

1. Be pregnant sometime this year! Hopefully summer. This is the year I turn 30. Eeeeeek!

2. Oddly enough, mine includes church too! For a few months now my husband and I have been trying to go at least a couple times a month.

3. Start doing my "real" workouts again! I've been doing LOTS of walking and cardio type exercise... but no toning. I haven't done any toning since summer... yikes. Gotta get my abs, arms and butt back into shape! haha.

4. Do more fun dates with my husband! Bowling, water park, arcade, concerts, fairs, things like that. Shake up the routine!

5. Paint the majority of the rooms in the house... especially the living room and hallways. The walls looks very sad and the original light coloring has allowed stains that do not rub or wash off. Yuck. Time to pick new, fun colors! Been meaning to do that for like a year now... lol.

6. Find a book that I can really get into! I haven't really read a "real" book in a couple years... sad I know. I think finishing up school really killed that need for recreational reading for a while lol. But I'm eager to find a book that I can't put down!

7. Send random cards to my friends to brighten their day! I always send them on their birthdays, but this year I want to mail at least one other card to each friend that is "just because"!

Sound like great goals ladies! And I totally took the meal idea from another friend so feel free to take :)

Fiona- I understand not readi g during school. What genre of book do you usually like? I love to read (though haven't really been able to in a year since my DS was born!). However, I've read a lot of different things and can offer some suggestions!

Oh this year is going to be a little crazy i think.

Goals are to
1. Save for a new mortgage
2. be frugal and not spend any unnecessary money- we arent very good at this but 2015 is our year! :haha:
3. cut down on eating out and takeaways, cook more healthy at home
4. Meal plan every single week with a budget menu, and stick to it! (so far so good) Helps to keep it interesting.
5. Try to chill out more in the evenings and weekends rather than working
6. get a new mortgage approved by October and start looking to move

My goals this year are:

1. To lose weight before ttc.
2. Pay off all of our credit card debt and start paying off my car.
3. Reduce my hours at work to 4 days a week.
4. Spend more quality time with DS.
5. Remember to do stuff for myself once in awhile.
** I would like to buy a house so our financial goals are aimed at that, however, I think that will be a 2016 achievement.

Sound like great goals ladies! And I totally took the meal idea from another friend so feel free to take :)

Fiona- I understand not readi g during school. What genre of book do you usually like? I love to read (though haven't really been able to in a year since my DS was born!). However, I've read a lot of different things and can offer some suggestions!

I really like mystery type books. In the past the books I liked the most were by Agatha Christie and Dean Koontz. I went with those authors again after success with reallllllly liking one of their books, and couldn't get into some of their others. I must be kind of picky then?! I'd love some suggestions :)

I really like mystery type books. In the past the books I liked the most were by Agatha Christie and Dean Koontz. I went with those authors again after success with reallllllly liking one of their books, and couldn't get into some of their others. I must be kind of picky then?! I'd love some suggestions :)

Try this website:

https://whatshouldireadnext.com/

I love to read and have used it to find similar books to ones that I already know that I like.

I have picked a word for the year so I can surround things that I do around that one word. My word is " Healthful." This means being physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy. I feel I need this for myself and for preparing myself for a baby in the coming year. I have started with
1) working out for my health to make my body strong
2) starting therapy to address my anxiety that I never really have addressed. Also addressing my anxiety about doctors since I know I'll be going often when pregnant.
Overall, trying to also be more peaceful and relaxed.
3) eventually making it to the doctors for a check up and prenatal appointment.
4) continuing to go to church and build my faith.

Love the meal one, fab idea!!!

Mine are:

1. Enjoy and thrive in my new job, learn and expand my knowledge as much as possible
2. Successfully move house in April
3. Save!!!
4. Be as healthy as possible, all in prep for ttc.
5. Get pregnant !!
6. Get engaged !!
7. Live more for the moment and not for x in two weeks etc :)

oooh, i love new year goals (and list making in general!:haha:)

i try to make my new year goal lists a mix of do-it-one-time-and-it's-done projects, ongoing goals that are specific and measurable (because it's always hard for me to tell if i did something "more" or "less" than a previous year if it's too vague - just personal preference, but it may help others when they think about their goals/lists...:shrug:) and also a handful of not too hard to achieve goals and a handful of some that will actually take energy and commitment on my part.

so, here's my list:

1. learn to use my walcom tablet (and make things!)
2. finish our wedding video (have lots of raw footage from our wedding, currently about half done)
3. backup wedding photos all in 1 place (had a wedding in the states and a party in japan, professional photos from both and photos from friends:wacko:)

4. run (at least) 5 miles a week
5. travel to 3 new places in japan
6. lose 15 pounds (though in lieu of getting pregnant, losing 5 before starting ttc in march is also considered success:winkwink:)
7. pass a PT test (my husband is in the air force, so it would be whatever the women's test regulations for that would be: waist, 1.5 mile run, pushups and situps)

8. sew 2 quilts
9. sell 24 pouches (i used to sew and sell little zippered pouches on etsy, but haven't done anything in years)
10. project life/photos/journal weekly

11. start to contribute to house income (applying soon to be a substitute teacher on base)
12. budget and save at least $500 a month
13. learn to do taxes :shy:
14. legally change my name (didn't do it when we got married for work visa reasons, but the time has come)
15. send a postcard or letter once a month

16. clean out my closet/clothes
17. finish bookshelf clean-out (we were making room for a crib, but the project stalled half way:angel:, would still like to finish)
18. clean out the linen closet

19. try a new recipe at least once a month (i sense there could be some recipe sharing on this thread?:thumbup:)
20. continue to meal plan
21. be more vigilant about leftovers (aka: eat them so they don't go bad!:dohh:)
22. drink more tea and less beer

the list being 22 things long is insignificant, just ended up being that long.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->