New Years Eve

Babybump87

Reaction score
Cannot believe it’s nearly been a week since Christmas Eve soo now what’s your plans for New Years Eve .

Goes without saying most people cannot wait for 2020 to end but most likely 2021 will start the same but fingers crossed won’t end the same !

I’m not a fan of New Years Eve but I do like watching the BBC countdown haha .

We are just going to have a nice meal with the children and relax with a few small drinks and then have some nibbles when they are in bed !

2019 was bad enough for me personally but we soldiered through so hoping 2021 is better.

We're having a day indoors (again) baking cookies and playing with toys (exchanged gifts with my parents although not the same)

Hope you all have a wonderful day/Eve and look forward to 2021 being a great year for us all XXX

We aren't doing much either. It used to be such a highlight of my year when I was younger and went skiing in the Alps with all my friends - now I can barely make it to midnight :haha:
So for us it will just be a nice meal too and maybe some tv for OH and I when the boys are in bed - IF he can tear himself away from Cyberpunk 2077 :haha:
I was just wondering what we will have for dinner as it is so difficult with Sebby being so picky. :-k

We are starting the day with a hospital appointment for Ds. His donor informed the fertility clinic that a routing work medical has shown he has a congenital heart problem, I was told a while ago and Ds will be screened yearly from 10, there's a 50/50 chance he's got it. He's quite excited at the prospect of having an ECG and scan done.
After that it's a quiet day, dinner then think we'll light the chiminea so that my niece can come over and see in the new year in the garden with us, and a huge cheese board!

We won't be doing anything, we never do, lol. Maybe a nice walk :).
We will be asleep before midnight and probably get woken up by the fireworks!

We're home until#-o the 18th...help me!

Lockdown won't change much for us, we usually stay in and do nothing! Ds really wants to stay up this year. I told it's boring so we will see if he insists.

Day time will be much the same as the last week. Tonight ds1 and 2 will be allowed to stay up and we will play board games until midnight

DH is back to work today....he finishes at 7 thought which is good. Girls can stay up if they want but they usually fall asleep. Got some party poppers and J20s for them and I'll have a glass or two of gin.

My two aren't back to school until 18th :-( Anyone else kids not going back (primary) x

That's a long time. Mine are back on the 5th

They have only delayed high schools here which doesn't make sense as primary school kids are the ones who can't really social distance and wear masks.

Ds4s school is also closed until the 18th. I was sort of expecting it when they said worst hit areas would be delayed return for primary. I've just had a flood of information from secondary on the mass testing as well. Its fried my brain.

I'm going to eat an obscene amount of party food. No New Years Eve celebrations just means I don't have to share the yumminess!

:rofl:

They have only delayed high schools here which doesn't make sense as primary school kids are the ones who can't really social distance and wear masks.
I think the idea is that it's not difficult keeping the primary children in their bubbles where the secondary pupils mix in so many different groups depending on their subject choices and academic levels.

Ours all start later, the 11th, for on line learning, then due to be back in person on the 18th, although I'm not holding my breath.

We are starting the day with a hospital appointment for Ds. His donor informed the fertility clinic that a routing work medical has shown he has a congenital heart problem, I was told a while ago and Ds will be screened yearly from 10, there's a 50/50 chance he's got it. He's quite excited at the prospect of having an ECG and scan done.
After that it's a quiet day, dinner then think we'll light the chiminea so that my niece can come over and see in the new year in the garden with us, and a huge cheese board!
All went well with Ds's appointment, his heart looks normal, that's a nice way to start a new year.

All went well with Ds's appointment, his heart looks normal, that's a nice way to start a new year.
Glad all was ok. We were quite concerned about ds3 for a while so know how worrying it must have been for you

He is now yes, was due one last follow up this year that didn't happen due to covid but was just a precaution anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->