New Years Eve

Babybump87

Reaction score
What’s your plans for New Years Eve !?

Now the big day is over and I’m feeling slightly down today , hate this time between Boxing Day and New Years Eve !

We are going to the in-laws for a family get together play a few games and some food / drinks minus the pink gin !

We'll be at home as usual. My sister will come over as DH is working. Have a few drinks and see in hopefully a better 2022. X

I also feel down during this bit in between. Although I wasn't as excited about any of it this year I just want the house back in order and next year to finally move away. X

We'll be at home as usual. My sister will come over as DH is working. Have a few drinks and see in hopefully a better 2022. X

I also feel down during this bit in between. Although I wasn't as excited about any of it this year I just want the house back in order and next year to finally move away. X

Glad I am not the only one who hates this period, I just wanna get going now into the new year , back to school and routine ! Hope you enjoy your New Year’s Eve xx

Nothing planned
Got some party food bits and will probably play a few games like just dance and Mario party. I don’t even know if I’m going to bother keeping the kids up late as they always get too tired and start bickering haha!
I go back to work on the 3rd I feel like it’s so soon this year with being off a full week before Christmas.

We don't have any plans. I'm also feeling pretty down.

Ok this is so validating! I am straight-up depressed the week after Christmas!

My ex and I used to leave a day or 2 after Christmas with a big group of friends and we’d stay through New Years in a huge vacation rental in some amazing location. I don’t miss that relationship but I sure do miss that tradition! It made this dumb week my favorite of the whole year!

I hate this period too, it's so depressing after all the build up is over. I really don't like January and February either, they just seem like dark and dull months, but roll on spring

I hate this period too, it's so depressing after all the build up is over. I really don't like January and February either, they just seem like dark and dull months, but roll on spring

I used to feel the same and love the start of spring/summer but as I have the worse neighbours and feral kids I hate when spring comes as they'll be out all day and night. I know it makes me sound a bit snobby but it's alllll the time. I just can't wait to move x

I used to feel the same and love the start of spring/summer but as I have the worse neighbours and feral kids I hate when spring comes as they'll be out all day and night. I know it makes me sound a bit snobby but it's alllll the time. I just can't wait to move x

That must be annoying! Fingers crossed for the move soon!

I don't absolutely hate the week between Christmas and new year but there are bits I find difficult - I don't feel its fare of me to clear all of the new things out of the living room straight away (even when its driving me mad), I seem to be the only person who spends the day not in PJ's, things like that. Tomorrow is my day to clear up a bit (my home will never be tidy, with luck and effort it will just me less messy! Then hogmanay will be our usual quiet family evening see in 2022. Depending on pcr tests, and the weather, a couple of friends might join us in the garden, its always low que but nice.

I'm working for most of the day but closing early. Then me and OH are having an online quiz/games night with a group of his online friends from all over the UK.

Last year was eventful - locals did a firework display in the park but of course a good load ruined it by firing fireworks down the streets - so I'll be avoiding taking the girls out this year.

Oh thank god it’s not just me ! (Sorry!) All my childrens Christmas gifts are still in my living room around the tree etc . They will stay there until the tree comes down on Sunday/Monday.

DHs and DD1s birthdays are in February so I always aim for those after Christmas !

I'm working for most of the day but closing early. Then me and OH are having an online quiz/games night with a group of his online friends from all over the UK.

Last year was eventful - locals did a firework display in the park but of course a good load ruined it by firing fireworks down the streets - so I'll be avoiding taking the girls out this year.
Oh that’s a such a shame! Always the idiots that ruin it for everyone else !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->