New Year's Resolution diet group- please join!

Warby

Mom of four monkey-moos
Reaction score
I wanted to start a group for those of us who will be making a new year's resolution to lose weight or get fit. I thought we could all support and encourage each other, and post our progress regularly to keep ourselves accountable. Who's in? All welcome.

My name is Erin. I am 39 (40 in February) and have four kids (10, 8, 5 and almost 2).

I need to lose around 30 pounds. My first goal is to lose ten pounds by Valentine's Day. I think that's reasonable, it's a little over 6 weeks.

I'll post my weight and measurements on January 1.

Also wanted to add that I live in Alberta, Canada. I do intend to post regularly and reply to others but please be aware of the time difference. :)

Hi I am in :) I have a weight loss diary but would love extra support too. I have a massive amount of weight to loose my next goal is to loose 14lbs by my son 3rd Birthday party :)

I do slimming world and go to a group I get weighed in on fri eek! See how much damage I have done with my 3 1./2 days off plan over xmas!

Good Luck girls xxx

Count me in!!!

I'm 24 but currently on prednisolone steroids so it's making me gain weight due to increase in appetite. I've gained a stone in 12 weeks I intend to lose that asap! Slimming world works well for me.

I'm currently around 11stone5 and I want to be around 9stone 7

Does anyone else's belly stick out ? Lol! I look about 5 months pregnant due to bloatedness x

I'm in! I was able to lose a good portion of the weight after my daughter was born, but I've slacked off after a series of events derailed me, so I'm pretty sure I've put on some more pounds. :dohh: My goal is 15-20 lbs depending on how much I've regained (been too scared to step on the scale). I calorie count on MyFitnessPal and use a Fitbit Flex to track activity/calorie burn.

Good luck, ladies! :flower:

Yay! Glad to have buddies!

I was doing well for a while- lots of exercise, eating well, managed to lose around 12 pounds. Then a series of events happened. Chief among them was my grandfather's death (he was 93 and went peacefully in his sleep, but still sad) and I responded with emotional eating. And then all the goodies of the holidays contributed. I have put on around 15 pounds and lots of it is in my stomach. I don't think I look pregnant- just very flabby with a big spare tire. It's at the point that most of my tops don't fit. They pull up revealing my belly rolls. Yuck. Must take action now (or tomorrow, ha ha).

I'm in! I was able to lose a good portion of the weight after my daughter was born, but I've slacked off after a series of events derailed me, so I'm pretty sure I've put on some more pounds. :dohh: My goal is 15-20 lbs depending on how much I've regained (been too scared to step on the scale). I calorie count on MyFitnessPal and use a Fitbit Flex to track activity/calorie burn.

Good luck, ladies! :flower:

Hey Kitteh_Kat I have a fitbit! Want to be buddies there as well? I have totally been slacking on my steps but my daily goal is 10500.

I'm in! I keep saying I'm going to diet but always find reasons not to.

So I'm Michelle, I'm 28 and want to lose around 16lbs. Plus start exercising to attempt some toning up! I currently weigh 10st2lb and I'm 5'9" :)

Oh I also have a fitbit flex but not figured out how to use it properly yet :haha:

I am also looking to loose weight and get fit. My DH is doing it too which should help. I need something easy to stick to so am looking into slimming world. I also need to find a form of exercise that suits me.

I am hoping to loose around 1 stone. Maybe a few pound more.

^^I am doing slimming world and love it :) xxx

It's day 1. My starting weight is 156 (ugh). That puts my BMI at 28.2. Enough already! I am ready to see those numbers go down.

Your numbers will soon be going down hun xxx

Can I join - need some motivation! 164/5 at the moment want to lose a stone and take it from there!

Day 1: how is everyone doing so far? I've done pretty well (just over 8 waking hours into this :winkwink:). For breakfast I had two eggs, come raspberries, water, and coffee with low fat milk, no sugar.

We got into our van and drove three hours to visit my in-laws. We stopped at McDonald's on the way. I had a teriyaki cashew salad with grilled chicken, a club soda, and a skim milk latte. There was probably a fair bit of sugar in the dressing and teriyaki sauce but all in all, a pretty good choice I thought. No fries, which for me is a victory in itself!

My exercise goal is to get at least 10500 steps each day, as per my fitbit. Today I probably won't, with the three hour car trip. I just went for a 35 minute walk and am at around 6200 steps. I couldn't go longer because it is quite cold out. Oh well. I got some exercise and that it better than nothing.

Supper was sweet and sour chicken, rice, carrots, and Caesar salad. It wasn't the healthiest possible meal, but we are guests here and my MiL had worked really hard to make the meal (her sweet and sour chicken is delicious and also a bit fussy to make) and it would have been very rude to request something else. I ate the chicken, a small bit of rice, quite a few carrots, and lots of salad, picking around the croutons. There were Rice Krispie treats for dessert, which I LOVE, but I managed to rustle up some will power and said no.

While giving my toddler a bath, I marched in place in front of the tub for around 8 minutes. I am sure I would have lookd stupid but it increased my step count! Currently at 7656 at 7:03 pm. Hmm. Not sure if I will get to my goal. It is cold and dark out. I am thinking of going to the grocery store- an indoor place where I could walk up and down the aisles. However, the junk food might tempt me, and it may even be closed (this is a small town and today is a holiday). Might just try walking around the house for a bit.

I'm weighing tomorrow and just making Fridays my weigh in day. :wacko:

Day 1: no exercise but stayed under 1400 calorie goal! Up'd my water intake too.

Breakfast: 3 cups of coffee
Lunch: homemade chicken fried rice
Dinner: Pizza Hut (it fit in my calorie limit!)
Snack: some Nutella

If you need more ideas to get your steps in, you can try walking/jogging in place while doing other things too. I'm a SAHM, so I usually jog in place while catching up on one of my shows instead of just sitting on the couch. Not as good as actually walking/running, but it's helped me!

Here's my Fitbit link :flower: (the band broke so I haven't worn it in a bit)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DCFFV

Food wise fine and I am bought lemon for my tea rather than milk (and I really like it) and starting the day with hot lemon water.

Exercise wise DD has just come down with chicken pox which means she needs lots of snuggling on the sofa time and we cant leave the house!

I'm weighing tomorrow and just making Fridays my weigh in day. :wacko:

Day 1: no exercise but stayed under 1400 calorie goal! Up'd my water intake too.

Breakfast: 3 cups of coffee
Lunch: homemade chicken fried rice
Dinner: Pizza Hut (it fit in my calorie limit!)
Snack: some Nutella

If you need more ideas to get your steps in, you can try walking/jogging in place while doing other things too. I'm a SAHM, so I usually jog in place while catching up on one of my shows instead of just sitting on the couch. Not as good as actually walking/running, but it's helped me!

Here's my Fitbit link :flower: (the band broke so I haven't worn it in a bit)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DCFFV

Good ideas, thanks. I added you on fitbit.

Food wise fine and I am bought lemon for my tea rather than milk (and I really like it) and starting the day with hot lemon water.

Exercise wise DD has just come down with chicken pox which means she needs lots of snuggling on the sofa time and we cant leave the house!

Oh poor DD! I hope the chicken pox runs its course quickly. Good job an the food!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->